Errors do not occur, when JDEDEBUGLOG is Turned ON

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi JDEList,

I was ask to post these problems of my colleagues to JDEList.

I try to describe all, what was told me, stated and forwarded to me.
NOTE: I can not controll all of these information.

Configuration this time XE SP24, Windos TS and Windos XP FAT clients too.

Moving on the grid on a vanilla Update form(s):
- one way cause memory type error(s)
- other way do not
- if first time moving second way, the error does not occur moving the first way

Not clear, but was stated - supposely after first move, the errors occur on several vanilla form

Also was stated, that initially all F98950 User Overrides had been deleted - BUT currently more do exit.

THE REAL STRANGE THING:
When JDEDEBUGLOG is turned on, then no problem occurs.

One of my question, turning ON JDEDEBULOG how do change the execution of the applications? - as we know, how do change, when we run APPL in the ER Debugger.

The other in general, where to go ahead to figure out the problem in the background?

I have more suggestions for my colleauges, what pathes to try to narrow the problem, but I am curious to your suggestions, questions too.

If I can, I will provide additional information.

All of your input, help, suggestion will be highly appretiated.

Thanks in advance & Regards,

Zoltán

hi zoltan, i don't understand 100% the problem u're trying to describe, but i've noticed several times in the past that turning on debuglog can indeed affect processing. processing slows down a little bit when debuglog is turned on, and sometimes this can be just enough so that for example timing issues do not occur anymore. is there any asynchronous processing involved?

Hi Omer,

First of all, thanks for your reply.

[ QUOTE ]
i don't understand 100% the problem u're trying to describe

[/ QUOTE ]

On one side, it is my fault (my English) - on the other side, I am a third level person (just asked to post this here) in this issue.

Sorry, currently I can not answer your questions. I will suggest some exact and documentated executation pathes (Start, Forms, Movement on the Grid, Pressed Buttons, etc.) of execution for my collegauges - and when I receive the answers, I maybe will be figure out or at least to narrow the root of problem or provide you more information.

Sorry,
This time I am a THIRD between in this problem and on JDEList. I suppose, I will be later much more get involved in it.

If I will have more info, I will add to this thread. Please, appreciate it. Thanks.

Turning on on JDEDEBUG.LOG how do change the execution (except execution spedd) is still open.

Omer, good idea, that previous setting slow down the execution - buth ow does it affect the occurences of error(s)?

Excuse my Englis again.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi JDEList,

Some updates, additional info.

A.) Error occured, when JDEDEUG.LOG was turned ON.

B.) Our techies checking the log, suspect, that system\bin32\jdeuser.dll cause the problem, so on a fat client they replaced SP24 DLL with SP22 DLL for test purpose. The error didn't occured up to know, but unfortunatelly they was not able to reproduce the error on the other system, however the load/usage of that system currently much lower (Edited: instead of slower), when the error occured frequently.

Tell the truth, I do not really believe, that the bug/cause is in the DLL.

If you call a bug free system with faulty data, then the response of the system answer easily can be faulty too.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi JDEList,

I edited my post on the list, but here is my correction, if you check the post in e-mail.

Faulty:
[ QUOTE ]
however the load/usage of that system currently much slower

[/ QUOTE ]

Right:
[ QUOTE ]
however the load/usage of that system currently much lower

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuse me & Regards,

Zoltán

[ QUOTE ]
they replaced SP4 DLL with SP22

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you mean SP24? If so, do a search on JDEList on jdeuser.dll. There have been problems with SP24 and this DLL in the past.

Also, how current is your code in XE? Have you been applying ESUs? When we moved from SP23K to SP23ZA1, we encountered some odd performance issues where we would only get generic errors in the error logs. After working through it with Oracle support, it came down to the fact that we have not applied ESUs and Oracle has been making changes in the code to work well with newer service packs.

So, if you are working with SP24 and you have not applied the baseline ESUs for several years, you will likely have instability issues that occur sometimes and not other times.

Hi Jer,

Many thanks for your reply, suggestion and information.

[ QUOTE ]
Did you mean SP24?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, as I wrote in my initial post
blush.gif

I already edited it after your post, as well my other fault: slower => lower.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, how current is your code in XE?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very "ancient" - UPDATE 2 with numerous and huge modifications on vanila objects (including P4210, P4310 with large and several mods) and with very many custom objects and localization, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
So, if you are working with SP24 and you have not applied the baseline ESUs for several years, you will likely have instability issues that occur sometimes and not other times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think, You are VERY RIGHT.

Bunch of thanks again & Regards,

Zoltán

Hi Jer again,

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, how current is your code in XE?

[/ QUOTE ] Very "ancient" - UPDATE 2 with numerous and huge modifications on vanila objects (including P4210, P4310 with large and several mods) and with very many custom objects and localization, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

After UPDATE 2, many years ago we applied some baseline ESUs and other ESUs and sometimes we retrofitted our overridden customization (that time there were not so many.

Later we applied ESUs only, if it didn't override our customization, or override only minor and not complex customization. In other cases, I tried to figure out the parts of mods from ESUs, what was interesting/important for us and apply only these parts (and modify it if it was reuired) on our customized system.

Our techies told me, that they applied Baseline ESUs before SP24 upgrade (because it was required), but they told me when they was leaving the office, so currently I haven't more info about this.

Thanks again & Regards

Zoltán

[ QUOTE ]
Our techies told me, that they applied Baseline ESUs before SP24 upgrade (because it was required),

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want to clarify:
- Baseline ESUs are major ESUs that affect the business code (Sales Orders, Financials....) and are not usually required for a SP upgrade.
- Planner ESUs are required for a SP upgrade.

Did your techies mean the Planner ESU in the above quote?

Hi Jer,

[ QUOTE ]
- Baseline ESUs are major ESUs that affect the business code (Sales Orders, Financials....) and are not usually required for a SP upgrade.
- Planner ESUs are required for a SP upgrade.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am currently out of info - as I mentioned, I am between the problem (and our CNC/Tech) and JDEList. I will able to collect more info, will be on Monday.

Sorry, I hate this position, but this is the scenario.

I phrased, and maybe will phrasad for more details- after asking asking our colleauges.

Please remember: I am between two sites - problem and JDEList communication

I plan to sart new threads - on CNC/TECH and Developers forum:
- downgrade SP level
- replacing jdeuser.dll from a lower SP level.

JDEList is great!
Regards,

Zoltán
PS: I rearally post open issue on JDEList, so all of your suggestion, help, input will be wellcome.
I am on to help to our "guys". Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
(...) slow down the execution - buth ow does it affect the occurences of error(s)?

[/ QUOTE ]

hi zoltan, i see the thread seems to have gone a different direction, so the point i made doesnt seem to apply in your case. but getting back to your question: ok, first of all: i didn't necessarily talk about yes/no error occurrence, but different behaviour in general. i can't recall the details anymore, but i believe it was related to asynch threads. if i manage to dig up the case, i'll let u know.

Back