/* CER ERROR #3048 : Invalid report variable */
Function Name: S8_0_13
Function Description: ER for R5603B4201_+_S8_0_13
Section: S8 - Document Total
Event: 13 - Do Section
Seq #: 3
Line #: 1
Line Text: RV Document Number = VA rpt_mnDocumentNumber_DOC

Basically I deleted the Report Variable "RV Document Number" on the Section "Document Total" from the "Do Section" Event and it errored out on the assignment statement.

I could not decipher the following from the Validation Log:-
1. Function Name:
2. Function Description:
3. Seq #:
4. CER ERROR #3048:

Note: Error Message for "3048" in Datadictionary is : "Warning Account Balances Record exist"
Can some one pl. explain or direct me to any documentation on KG.
I believe this was discussed before but I could not locate.

TIA
jdeman
OW-XE SP16.1 / WINNT
Co-exist/AS400

Hey JDE Man,

When you delete fields on a report you may cause serious problems if any code in the report references this field. That is what the error you are seeing is referring to (see below for detail on deciphering the error message). Instead of deleting the field to remove it from the printed output - I suggest you turn its "Visible" property off (uncheck it) under the "advanced" tab of field properties.

Error Message Deciphering:
---------------------------
When you get these messages, focus on:
1. Section - identifies the Report Section containing the E.R.
2. Event - which Event in the section contains the offending ER
3. Line Number - the actual line of code in the event (where the first line of code is 1, second line is 2, etc..)

This should take you exactly where the error is in the ER code.

Cheers,

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld XE, SP 15.1
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6
Mfg, Distribution, Financials<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Larry_Jones on 2/15/02 10:03 AM.</FONT></P>

Hi Larry,
Thanks for responding. I never delete the report variables on the report but make it invisible or move it to a non-printable area. The log was just an example to get feedback from the list on deciphering the non-friendly validation log generated by OW.

Also there are times I have witness that the Event and Object name in the log is some alpha-numeric value (specially in FDA) which does not make any sense.
Anyway, thanks again.

jdeman
OW-XE (SP-16.1) / WINNT
Co-exist AS/400

Unfortunately, the three lines you are referring to are not meant for those of us in the real world to understand. The information here is for internal specification relationships. My guess on the CER Error #3048 is that you could find 3048 as a data dictionary error message. But that probably wouldn't be worth your time.

When trying to fix er validation errors, the event name, line text, and the description next to the CER Error heading are really the most useful. Everything else is really for the jde programmers' personal enjoyment!

owguru (at least I'm trying :)
>all versions
>all platforms

Back