Enterprise Asset Management Licensing Question

DSauve

DSauve

Legendary Poster
We are on JDE E1 8.9, Tools Release 8.96, and have licensed the Foundation, Financials, Distribution and Manufacturing Suites. We have implemented Fixed Assets, and are interested in looking into using the Enterprise Asset Management (formerly Plant and Equipment Maintenance, I believe). Given our existing licenses, do you know if we'd need to purchase any additional license to run EAM? I think it's included in the Financials or Manufacturing Suite, but would appreciate any insights you may have.

I'll answer my own question. I spoke with our Oracle sales rep, and yes, we are licensed for EAM, given the suites we purchased originally.

Hi Don,

We are in the same environment with you. We're try to implement EAM. Do you notice that when do Time Entry for equipment work orders you have to do the setup for HR? Do you think we have to buy HR licenses?

Nancy,

We are just starting to plan our EAM project, so I haven't seen any actual programs used yet. It wouldn't surprise me that a "base" or subset of HR used only for time entry would be included in your current license, but you'll probably want to check with your Oracle account rep to make sure. It may also depend on how you licensed the E1 software. I believe that JDE used to license suites (e.g. Financial, Manufacturing, Distribution, etc.), but may have been pushing customers to go to an Enterprise Pricing model in more recent times.

Don,

Thanks for your reply. Our latest maintenance contract has been pushed to more detailed modules. I've checked it and find that time and labor module is included in the package, but HR base isn't included. I don't know if this time and labor module is 31 or 05. I was always confused why JDE had two sets of time and labor entries. Oracle's sales rep is not very clear of it, they are checking it now.

Hi Nancy,

The confusion primarily comes from the point in time when the EAM suite began to encompass Fixed Assets, Plant Maintenance, and Service Management. Prior to that, Maintenance WO's used the Standalone time accounting (P05xxxx) applications, but then Service Management used the Manufacturing apps (P31xxx) for the time entry. The short answer is you can use either, and each comes with it's own Pros/Cons/Problems depending on the type of maintenance organization you have and how you manage your WO's. You should be able to use either one even if you haven't licensed HR/PR, though you would need to do some light setup of those modules to support TE.

Feel free to let me know if I can help with further questions, I routinely work with the Oracle account reps as well, and they tend to change things periodically.

Best regards,

Scott Hollowell
Asset Management Solutions
[email protected]

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply. Just as you mentioned, we have implemented Service Management used the Manufacturing apps (P31xxx). We want to use P31xxx for Equipment Maintenance WO Time Entry, but it seems I could not do that if the WO type is 04. Could you tell us what's the difference between 04 and 05? Many thanks.

Back