Ending of Support Question

wgrantusa

Well Known Member
Does any one know when the end of support for XE will be? I seem to remember 2013 but I am not sure. We are still co-existant and I also need to know the end of support for A73 too.

Thanks
Stephanie

Stephanie,

I believe the end of support for XE is 2012. But no worries there, if you believe the Mayan calendar conspiricy theorists and the hype of the Nostradamous freaks out there, we won't need XE support beyond 2012 anyway.....
grin.gif

LOL ! Thats brilliant !

I think the Oracle website should reflect that message :

Official end of support for Xe is 2013. End of Support for 8.11 is 2011, End of support for 8.12 is 2012 and End of Support for 9.0 is 2013. There is no support extended past 2012 because the world will end then.

Gregg, you are in rare form today... :)

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On B ehalf Of gregglarkin
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 8:56 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Ending of Support Question

Stephanie,

I believe the end of support for XE is 2012. But no worries there, if you b elieve the Mayan calendar conspiricy theorists and the hype of the Nostrada mous freaks out there, we won't need XE support beyond 2012 anyway..... [ci d:~WRD000.jpg]

Production: XE, Update 6, SP23V, Win 2003, SQL 2005, OAS 10.1.3.3 Webserver , XPI 4.7, Citrix 3.0, Full Fusion Middleware Suite Development: 8.12, Upda te 2, 8.98, OAS 10.1.3.3, SQL 2005

LOL, that is funny. My car payment ends November of 2012, so I will only get 1 month of actually driving it free. AWESOME!

Our parent company wants to become global and have everyone on the same ERP system. They are on a heavily modified version of World A73. We are on XE and have been since 2003. We were only supposed to be on XE for 18 months before going to 8.11. HA! A group has been put together to look at what ERP system we should go with. If they do not come up with a decision by the end of 3 years, we have to come up with costs for staying where we all are. That means upgrading if end of support is approaching for the levels we are at. Does all this make sense?

Stephanie,

We are facing the same issue. We are primarily on XE in North America, South America (heavily modified), Europe and Asia. We have started to upgrade Europe to 8.12 and are in the planning phases of upgrading the other regions to 9.0. We will also upgrade Europe to 9.0 once they are done with their migration off of XE. This will be a very long process. Or what I like to call job security.

- Gregg

Back