Editing TAM files in 8.9

jbates

Hi List

We have a couple (at least) tables that somehow were corrupted (recent upgrade to 8.9). They currently have thousands of index headers on them (repeats of the original indexes, but no columns are associated with them), if you view them in the TDA or UTB (ddpkeyh). I would like to just edit the TAM file (ddpkeyh) directly, since it takes about 20 to 30 minutes to just to load TDA and I somehow end up deleting the real primary index (idindex = 1) and thus make the table all but unuseable. What tool can I use to open the TAM file and edit it? And are there any tricks to edit TAM files?

Thanks

Jim

Hi,
To view the TAM files in UTB, make the following change in the jde.ini file.
TAMMENUS=show

Hi Anand,

I suppose, Jim already know, how to explore TAM files in UTB, but to be more specific, the required jde.ini entry is:

[INTERACTIVE RUNTIME]
TAMMenus=Show

Jim,

There are some BSFN which deal with TAM spec.
You can locate them starting P98621 APPL and filter on QBE:

Function Name = "TAM"
Source Module = "*9*"

I know, it is not a great help, because not too easy to figure out, how to use these BSFNs.

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi,
I know, this won't be a great help but once I had to correct TAM errors that caused an upgrade to fail in SQL... So if you can find out the cause of the error in the Central Object Tables (e.g. Table Coloumns or Table Indices tables) and delete the wrong records and check out/ get the tables you will get the good result in your TAM.
Regards:
Gergely Pongrácz
e-Best, Hungary

Thanks Gergely.

I forgot about the central objects.

I made my changes in the F98712 & F98713 tables (table index header & detail), then did a get to bring them down to the client and promote them as good objects. I still have a couple issues with the views because of this (I could not find exactly where primary key index number was stored for them), but I can resolve those easily enough by dropping and readding the table to the view (assuming I only have a few tables that are corrupt!)

Thanks for your help guys.

Jim

Back