Corrupted Spec file after Full Build - ddpkeyd

BOster

BOster

Legendary Poster
We are having a problem with the Table Design Aid (TDA) after taking a Full Package. After taking a Full DV Package, if we do a GET on a Table or if we check out the table and make a change, we cannot generate the table. It gives an error about the index. If you go back into table design for ANY table, the index names show, but there are not any fields listed under the indexes (and no visual indication of the PK by the fields in the field listing window). Any attempts to edit or save the table causes errors to be displayed in the TDA. Even doing GETS from the DV path code or other path codes do not resove the issue. If I view the ddpkeyd TAM file in UTB I can view the contents, but as soon as I try and search for any specific table it can't find any table. On a PC that has not taken the pacakge, I can search for a specific table in ddpkeyd without any problems. We have tried re-doing the Full build with the same results. It really looks like the Full build is creating a corrupted ddpkeyd spec file... normally we would fix this issue with a Full build, hence our delema. Any ideas?

The jde.log contains the following:

3664/3888 Thu Sep 11 21:16:02 2008 jdb_rst.c2295
JDB9900318 - Failed to find table information in TAM using RDB

3664/3888 Thu Sep 11 21:16:02 2008 jdb_rst.c329
JDB9900913 - Failed to create global table specs for F9500001

3664/3888 Thu Sep 11 21:16:02 2008 jdb_rst.c1099
JDB9900307 - Failed to find table specifications

3664/3888 Thu Sep 11 21:16:02 2008 jdb_rq1.c1471
JDB3100007 - Failed to get valid table specifications

3664/3888 Thu Sep 11 21:16:02 2008 JDETAMP.C4774
tamfread: FAILED - WinErrNum=0. (c:\b7\dv7333\spec\ddpkeyd.xdb)

3664/3888 Thu Sep 11 21:16:02 2008 JDETAMP.C4777
GetIndexNode: Error in DO_READ: 3

Brian,

That is an ineteresting problem. I have two questions:

1) Are the table specs on the Deployment Server?
2) Have you tried running the R98CRTGL a fat client to which the full package in question has been deployed?

The table specs are from the deployment server. I did a binary compare of the ddpkeyd files on the local pc and that on the deployment server in the latest full package build directory and confirmed they were identical.

We did try running R98CRTGL, but that didn't seem to fix the issue. Actually I think R98CRTGL uses ddpkeyd in part to build dddict, ddtext and gbltbl.

Brian,

Are the table index tables (F98712 and F98713 usually in the Central Objects data sources) populated in your database?

Hi,

I encountered exactly the same problem with Table Design Aid few days back.I tried to reinstall the JDE and accepted the last FULL DV package,it solved my problem.If you can,try to reinstall JDE.

Thanks,
PSR

[ QUOTE ]
Brian,

Are the table index tables (F98712 and F98713 usually in the Central Objects data sources) populated in your database?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the RDP specs appear to be fine.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

I encountered exactly the same problem with Table Design Aid few days back.I tried to reinstall the JDE and accepted the last FULL DV package,it solved my problem.If you can,try to reinstall JDE.

Thanks,
PSR

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, unfortunately for us it is the Full DV package that started the whole problem. FYI, we did open up a couple of tickets with Oracle and did find a possible related recent SAR #8580450

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of curiosity, what release are you on? How long ago did you encounter the problem?

Back