E900 JAS Server Installation help needed.

wcheehing

Hi List,

We are in E810, and planning to go for E900 by end of this year.
I installed the E900 according to the Document from the MetaLink3 and got some problem instlling the JAS (Web) Server.
As the Document only guide the installation of WebSphere and IBM HTML Server, after that there is no guide to install the EnterpriseOne HTML Server to the WebSphere Server. I had tried to install the EnterpriseOne HTML from the WebSphere Admin and I could not see the E1 Web menu.
Is there any Document or Guide that I could refer to or anyone could provide some information on how to install.
Thanks in advance.

BTW:I use Windows 2003 Server for Enterprise, Deployment & Web Server, SQL 2005 for Database.

WCH
E810, SQL2K, Win2003 All Servers.

The JAS server installation is done through Server Manager now starting with 8.97. Download the Server Manager guide and it should tell you everything you need.

In addition to the Server Manager guide, there is an 8.98 HTML server reference guide for WAS and OAS. Search for 8.98 HTML guide in Metalink and you'll find it. Covers installation of WebSphere/OAS.

Thanks to cncjunior1 & CASSON for the information.

I had installed the Server Manager and now re-installing the JAS Server.

Hi All,

I had installed the Server Manager and the WebSphere 6.1.
All according to the Guide and manage to installed the JAS (E1 HTML) Server into a new profile (AppSvr02).
From the Server Manager I could start the JAS Server however, when try to logon from the Web Client it show the Web Page could not be found. Not even the E1 Logon Menu.
from the HTML Log it always shows
"File does not exist: E:/WebSphere61/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv02/installedApps/APBSENTWEB01Node02Cell/E900_JAS_81.ear/webclient.war/E1Menu.maf"
Where should I check to make the JAS Work?

Thanks in advance.

WCH
From E810 Going to E900. Win2003, SQL2005, WAS6.1

Hi AmarDeep,

Thanks for the info.
However, I had tried to start the HTTP Server from the WebSphere Admin it self and the Error message said that the Server was installed in another location and could not be started.
From the Server Manager I could start the HTTP Server but could not be connected from any client, even from the Localhost of the Web Server itself.

WCH
E810 going to E900, Win2003, SQL2005

Hi All,

Just Re-format the nwe HTTP JAS Server and re-install everything.
Now the JAS Server is up and running.
However, I could not logon from the E900 Web Logon Screen. It show an error "The Security Server is down or unavailable, contract your administrator".

I'm still checking any setting error.
By the way, anyone could give some info on open Port for Win2003 Server? It seem the Port 1433 for SQL 2005 and Port 6015 for E900 in Enterprise Server is not open.

WCH
E810 going to E900, Win2003, SQL 2005, WAS 6.1.

Both 1433 and 6015 should be open.
As for the Security Server is down. Thats a problem with the communication to your enterprise server. Either the E1 services are down on the enterprise server OR you need to check the jas and jdbj.ini files on the JAS server. Make sure the bootstrap and database sections are correct in the jas and jdbj.ini files. You also need to check the driver settings and make sure it is set to the 2005 SQL driver and not the 2000. If you need specific help on any of this let me know.

-Mack

Hi Mark211,

Thanks for the information.
Now the Web Server is up and running and I could logon to the E1Menu.
However, I tried to add another Port 81 and everything seem ok and from the Server Manager it is running. But when use the IE to logon, it said server not found.
I belive the IBM HTTP server is having problem, even test the "snoop" application is having the same error.
Where could I check for any miss-config? thanks.

WCH
E810 going to E900, WIN2003, SQL2005, WS6.1

Hi All,

Thanks for all the information.
I had completely install and setup the E900 Servers with 3 JAS Port 80, 81, 82 for JPY900, JPD900, & JPS900.
Now I'm porting my E810 Data into the E900 using the Upgrade Planner.

WCH
E810 going to E900, WIN2003, SQL2005, WS6.1

Back