E1 package deployment automation

cncjay

Well Known Member
Hello,

A consultant recently told me there's a 3rd party tool called ' packman or pacman' which automates the E1 package build/deploy process.

Can anyone please post the link for the company that makes this product, and of course, any feedback regarding its functionality would be great.

Thank you !!

It's called Packman by Forza consulting.

I am using it at one of my clients and it is working pretty well. We had to work through a few custom issues here and there (we use LDAP authentication for example) and they had to do some tweaks for us but their support has been pretty good so far.

Thank you for the link, and the feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

I will check out the link. Hopefully, it will work out for us so I can keep the nagging developers off my back :)

Thank you for posting another solution towards package automation.

Can you also provide some feedback if you have used this product ?

We use the Packman product on 7 different instances of E1 ranging from 8.12 to 9.1. You can imagine having to check on whether or not packages need to be built on all those on a nightly basis. For the price, I recall it not being too costly, we have saved countless hours of having to check for packages on a nightly basis. Now, the CNC on call simply has to check his/her email and validate that the packages completed successfully and deployed ok. It is a very nifty tool.

Back