E1 and bar coding for inventory items

kfiggins

Does anyone have experience using a reader (wedge?) to input inventory items (SKUs) into E1 with such screens as inventory issues or work orders without having to purchase the full blown bar coding software systems.
E8.11 Unix Hp 9000, Oracle 9i

Hi,

Any luck? did u try it anyway, i'm very much interested in knowing about it, especially how the grid control moves to the next row and how much time does it take to do move?

thanks in advance
shriram
8 Unix Oracle

We are in the process of implementing a bar coded issuance of ammunition to our 1,850 law enforcement staff at our pistol range using a usb and a wedge scanner. We validate the employee number in the subledger field by scanning a C39 barcode on their id's and scan the SKU (only 25) from a preprinted bar code sheet. This is strictly as a keyboard replacement with no additional software. Each bar code device, issues a <cr> after the number so it changes lines ok in the detail area. Where we are having a problem is in the header as the <CR> tries to save the header. The reponse is very quick.

We are using Worth Data, Inc. to have the scanners recognized as port
key on XP Pro and E1 8.11. works fine using old Hayton scanners to enter
customer generated bar code lables to track assets. No need to <cr. Put
cursor in field and scan bar code and enters fine in database.

We have a solution designed to interface bar code reader or RFID system to EnterpriseOne(or any other backend ERP). this solution is based on a java middleware. If you are interested you can contact me. My email is [email protected]
Gigi

Back