• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Dynamic Calls

cvapl

Member
Hi List,
Can somebody help me to call the Applications/Reports dynamically from
another application/report. That is at the time of running an
application/report I should be able to select the application/Report


Thanks
Siva
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com
 

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi,
Generally solutions could greatly depend on your OneWorld version, so please, place your system configuration information in your signature (e.g. see mine on the bottom of this post)!

I'm affraid, there isn't a real dynamic solution but if you have countable number of APPL/UBE to run then there could be more solution for it.

Please, let us know a bit more about your concrete task making possible to help you more.
Thanks,
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)
 

cvapl

Member
Hi,
I would like to call an APPL from another APPL dynamically(at the time of
running I should be able to select).
Our Configuration is
B7332 SP 10.1, DB2/400

Thanks & Regards
Siva
B7332 SP 10.1, DB2/400


>Hi,
>Generally solutions could greatly depend on your OneWorld version, so
>please, place your system configuration information in your signature (e.g.
>see mine on the bottom of this post)!
>
>I'm affraid, there isn't a real dynamic solution but if you have countable
>number of APPL/UBE to run then there could be more solution for it.
>
>Please, let us know a bit more about your concrete task making possible to
>help you more.
>Thanks,
>Zoltán
>
>B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
>(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)
>--------------------------
>Visit the forum to view this thread at:
>http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=OWDEV&Number=1785
>*************************************************************
>This is the JDEList One World / XE Developers Mailing List.
>Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
>UNSUBSCRIBE can be found at http://www.JDELIST.com
>*************************************************************
>

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com
 

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi Siva,
You can call APPL from an other with Form Interconnect in the Event Rule.
If you want to make it selectable then you have to create separate Form Interconnect lines for each selection (for each different APPL)and craete your selection logic with IF statements around these lines.
As you see, this solution isn't a real dynamic solution, further it could work only when you have a predefined set of selections.

You can control dynamically the version of the APLL/UBE using variable (storing the name of the required version) instead of literal (e.g. ZJDE0001) in the Version Name field in the upper right corner on the Form Interconnect panel. This field is grayed out (do not ask why) but when you click inside then you can choose your variable in the Avalaible Objects list.

Please, let me know if you have further questions.
Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)
 

vbojan

Well Known Member
Hi Siva,

You can use BF B91300C “Launch Batch Application”. It is working for UBE only. You can change dynamically report name, version and data source override. BF will launch UBE without Report Interconnections.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Bojan.
 

cvapl

Member
Hi Bojan,
Thanks for the reply. Could you please send me how/what to pass the
parameters for that business function.

Regards
Siva
B7332, SP 10.1, DB2/400

>Hi Siva,
>
>You can use BF B91300C “Launch Batch Application”. It is working for UBE
>only. You can change dynamically report name, version and data source
>override. BF will launch UBE without Report Interconnections.
>
>Hope this helps,
>
>Regards,
>Bojan.
>
>
>
>--------------------------
>Visit the forum to view this thread at:
>http://198.144.193.139/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=OWDEV&Number=1800
>*************************************************************
>This is the JDEList One World / XE Developers Mailing List.
>Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
>UNSUBSCRIBE can be found at http://www.JDELIST.com
>*************************************************************
>

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com
 

vbojan

Well Known Member
Hi Siva,

szReport: dd OBNM report name,
szVersionJDE: dd JDEVE version name,
cSynch: dd EV01 0- Asynchronous mode, 1- Synchronous mode
cPrintPreview dd EV01 0 - Send output to printer, 1- Print preview
szDataSourceOverride dd DATP If left blank, OCM will be used to determine where the UBE will run.

Others are not important, use default.

Regards,
Bojan.
 

Adrian_Chimirel

Legendary Poster
Hi Bojan,
In B7321, I am calling my UBE with the Report Interconnect (I already added parameters to be retrieved through the UBE's Data Structure, such as Number of Records updated ...) and it works nicely :)
However, it would be better for my User to be able to pass flags such as cPrintPreview = 0, too; He is not very happy in having to click the Destination checkbox and then to OK it :(
Unfortunately, it seems that the BSFN whose functionality you are describing, neither exists in B7321, nor was I able to find it.
Do you, or somebody else, of course, know of such a similar BSFN in B7321?
Hoping you do, I thank you,
Adrian Chimirel

LIVE: B732.1 SP12.2, Oracle 805
SANDBOX: XE SP3, 8i
RS/6000, Citrix, 200+ clients
 

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi Adrian,
Here is a foolish idea from me after (unfortunatelly not totally after) a foolish week (was for me).
1.) Check in which Form in wich Application requires the unloved user interactivity.
2.) Design a bit this application like in some circumtances "PressButton(HC OK)" automatically. Maybe, the best place is on the end of PostDialogIsInitialized event but I amn't sure.
You can differentiate based on the Report ID, Version ID, User ID, etc. to do auto-OK or do not.

Suppose, not too much time to try it that does it works or does not.
Let us know your results when you have tried.
Zoldy ;-)

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)
 
Top