Drill Down to Payroll Detail

KSmithCPA

Reputable Poster
How can I prevent users from drilling down to see payroll detail from Account Ledger Inquiry? I would like for them to see the summarized Payroll JE instead. I've seen this done, but don't know how to set it up.

Thanks in advance.

Assuming you want user to see SOME journal entries for payroll, you need to set up journal summarization rules in payroll so that the payroll module creates summarized JE's. Note that if you do this, no payroll detail is visible to anyone via the GL. Any detail inquiries would have to done on the F0618 employee transaction history file.

To prevent ALL access to payroll transactions in the GL, you could apply Row Security to the F0911 file, perhaps on document type T2/T4 or some similar criteria.

Thanks for the response. As of the new FY we are summerizing the payroll JE's, so no detail will reside in the F0911. The issue is when user's drill down and pull up labor detail from the F0618. We are currently using row security on the F0618 but I recall from my World days that you could change what users see when they drill down. Instead of viewing the F0618 detail, they would drill down and see the actual Payroll JE T2 batch which would be summarized. Anyway to do this in OneWorld Xe?

Thanks in advance.

In WORLD it was hardcoded to look at the F0618 for T2 entries. In order to change this and look at the F0911 entries, you needed to change the code for the program. I had several client do this over the years. Unfortunately in OneWorld it is probably the same since the program being called is the P050999. It is probably hard coded.

I hope this helps.

Scott

Thank you.

I knew I'd seen it in World, but didn't realize it had been a modification. Thanks for clearing that up.

hi !!
This could be done by doing small customization in that report..
Go to design view of that report in that particular section go to its properties ther u can find the finicial tab,by clicking that u can find a check box with checked showing the drilldown feature u can remove from there.
hope u can solve ur prob , u need some more details mail me

Thanks for the info. We are currently using row security, but I will look into your suggestion.

Thanks again.

Back