DreamWriter Versions Analysis

nanda_raote

Has anyone come across a tool to analyse and report on DW versions - for example to identify duplicates and provide statistics on usage? I'm sure I've seen something in the past but cannot trace.

Regards
Nanda

Nanda,

There is no standard tool into JDEdwards to trace what you need, or even identify redundances.

The closer aplication is menu G81. There you can find some programs to print, copy, etc.

Anyway, regarding that everything in JDEdwards is file based, you can easely creat some WW reports to help you.

To identify redundances (I not quite sure what is a really redundance of DW version, but...) you might use the files F983XXX. Its starts with F9831, and ends with F98312. These files cover all setup for DW versions (one for the cover, other for the PO, other for Data selection, etc). You just need to join the files, and creat the report.

For extract the statistc of use, is a bit more simple. There is another file named F00821H. This file document all access in menu through whole JDEdwards, recording the menu, program, version, user, etc. With the program name, and version, you can creat a report to show how many time a spsecific version of a specific program has invoked during the time.

I am not sure if I was clear, but if I wasn`t, let me know ([email protected]).

[]s,

In World cum 9 statistical data can be found using #23/24 on menu G96. It
might help with yr query

Email Disclaimer.

IMPORTANT NOTICE - The information contained in this email is confidential
and should only be read by those persons to whom it is addressed. Access to
this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure,copying,distribution or any action taken or
omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and maybe unlawful. If
you have received this email in error please notify the sender or the IT
Support Team ([email protected]) and delete the material from your
machine.