Different XE Service packs on AS/400 Enterprise Servers?

cbartlet

Hello all

I have an XE SP question, hope someone can answer this.

We are currently on SP23_B service pack on our XE environment.

We have 2 AS/400 systems and want to upgrade to V5R4 oprating system level.

THE Oracle MTR says we have to upgrade XE service pack before we upgrade to V5R4. So we will be installing SP23_T.

We have 2 AS/400 Enterprise servers - 1 live and 1 test.

My question is - can we install SP23_T on our test Enterprise server, and then install SP23_T on our live Enterprise server a few months later?

We would want to install test first and test it properly before we install on live.

I presume I will have to install SP23_T first on deployment server, test Enterprise Server and clients that use PY.

Then later, install SP23_T on PD Enterprise server, and clients that use PD.

Are we likely to get any issues with deployments etc. from PY to PD if the environments are on these different SP levels?

I know we could do multi-foundation but I don't want to go there if I can help it. I wouldn't have thought there was too much difference between SP23_B and SP23_T?

We don't run any HTML/Web environment in this, just plain Solution Explorer etc.

Thankyou.

We are running V5R4M5 on SP23_I1, and have been since late February. When we upgraded our iSeries, we decided to test with the service pack we had installed, rather than going to the MTR-specified service pack. We have had no problems running V5R4 with SP23_I.

Understandably, it seems that SP23_T (or maybe R) was as far back as Oracle did compatibility testing. You may want to consider upgrading the OS on your test server with your current service pack, and see if that works. This is a minor OS release, so I wouldn't expect any major issues. This is probably not a good idea for major OS releases, though (say, V6R1).

Back