Difference Between AN8 and ANN8

If i rememder ANN8 doesn't have Next Number source.
AN8 NN source is 01/1. Try to find it in P92001 appl.

Hi sivakumar,

PLEASE, open both in the Data Dictionary application and examine all settings for both - mainly on the Item Glossary and Next Number tab.

Regards,

Zoltán

Well let's see.

1) Different Description.
2) Different System Code.
3) Different Control Type (1-AN8, 4-ANN8).
4) Different Row Description.
5) Different Column Title.
6) Different Row Security (Y-AN8, N-ANN8).
7) Different Allow Blank Entry (Y-AN8, N-ANN8).
8) Different Auto Include (Y-AN8, N-ANN8).
9) Different Do Not Total (Y-AN8, N-ANN8).
10) Different Item Glossary.
11) Same Default Value (None).
12) Same Search Form (Address Book Master Search).
13) Same Edit Rule (IsColumnInAddressBook).
14) Same Display Rule (Code Z).
15) Different Next Number (01/1-AN8, None-ANN8).

But those are answers that anyone could come up with (even nondevelopers). All anyone would need is access to Data Dictionary. What's the real question?

Ben again,

Ben,

Appears everyone is giving a technical response, which makes sense but Maybe Siva is looking for the functional diffference?

I'm no expert but in a nutshell both these fields hold the adress book (AB) number and this is one of the primary keys that ties records throughout JDE. IF not the main key.

However, the AN8 is the field used in the F0101 (master file for this data overall) and the ANN8 is used to identify the final payee apparently for employees related to benefits and other things. AN8 is the primary field for AB (as indicated by the YTAN8 in the case of the F06116 having the YTANN8 only to identify and tie the two in it for example). The ANN8 in this case would be be like the many fields (SHAN, PA8, AN81) where the AB number identifies a related AB number to the primary for the record in the table in order to tie back to the primary record in F0101 or another base AB file such as the F0301, F03012, F0401, F0150, F0111 to get other information.

In short the AN8 is the primary AB field and likely a primary key for access to the table and the ANN8 is more there to establish a relationship where needed between the two AB numbers.

Does this make sense? Hope so.

Tom,

I agree with you 100%! In fact, my last sentence is: What's the real question? So I obviously knew that the technical information that I provided would not suffice.

You, in fact, invested much more time than any of us in answering the question, and you did a fine job. I would even suggest that you invested more effort in answering the eight-word-question than sivakumar invested in finding the answer before asking it on this forum.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't want to discourage questions on this forum, in fact, it would be nice to have them all be this simple. But I live by the addage, "No pain, no gain" or another way to say it is, any advice is worth just what you pay for it. I'm only saying that a little more background on the situation would have come across as 'having some investment in the answer'. It ALSO would've given us the indication that it wasn't just the technical response that he was looking for.

Now my back is hurting from carrying this chip on my shoulder.

Ben again,

Ben,

Your absolutely right. It is up to the asking party to be as clear as possible and this was not the case. More information should be required before we invest our time. I am just drifting lately:)

Oh and that chip is a good thing so keep it there;)

Take care,

Hi Tom & Ben,

I agree too with both of you.
An interesting thing, most of "these" 1 post "JdeList-ers" does NOT make any response with supplement info, clarification, release/Tool/Platform, etc. info to their original issue, while we do much more effort making possible to help her/him
frown.gif

I had seen about a half dozen sample a day for this scenario
frown.gif

Regards,

Zoltán

AN8-is a number that identifies an entry in the Address Book system.
Use this number to identify employees, applicants, participants, customers, suppliers,tenants, a location, and any other address book members.
ANN8-is the address book number for the supplier who receives the final payment.
In Benefits administration, this is the address book number of the company that issues the plan and receives premium payments for it.
For wage attachments, payee is the address book number of the agency, company,individual, or court that is to receive the payment of the check.

Back