Decimals in the QNTY field of part list

madajee

Hi,
I know that all inventory transactions are done without any decimals, and that the QTYINV data dictionary class does not have any decimals.
Still, would there be any possibility to have decimals in the Work Order Parts List? Why does J.D.Edwards ship with functionality to change the number of decimals in Bill Of Material maintenance if this is not carried over in the Work Order Parts List? Why does the parts list utilize the
QTYINV data class when there is no direct relation to inventory transactions.
This issue has already been posted by someone else...but no one replied it.
If somebody either knows a work around or could explain this, it will be helpful.
Thanks
madajee

What U/M do you use? One work around will be to create a conversion in f41002. I.e. If you are using kgs, do up a conversion in the unit of measure conversion of 1 kg = 1000 gms. Then on your parts list, instead of using KGs as u/m use GMs. Hope this helps.
Regards,

The answer to your question is long and complicated. That is the way it has been for years. JDE has always given a choice about the number of decimals you could use in Inventory and this could be different from Manufacturing. You could dream up a dozen reasons.... For example, the Bill of Material supports Percent BoMs which may have different requirements.

The Parts List does have a direct relationship to Inventory if it is the Inventory you relieve when you issue material to the Parts List.

I am not sure as to what your problem is with this. JDE give you lots of flexiblity. This can only be a good thing. What do you need a workaround for? A workaround to what?

The other poster to this thread has already pointed out that you can simpley add a UOM Conversion....

Back
Top Bottom