DC Link to call custom report Print Immediate and formscape

lschlitt1

We are using DC Link via handheld scanner to call a custom report using Print Immediately. The report then is routed to formscape to print immediately.
-
This is working great in our DEV system.
-
We have recently moved to prod. In the prod system, the report runs, a pdf is created, but formscape is not kicked off. The only difference we can see is that the connection id we get in DEV is different from what we get in PROD. In prod, we are getting the oneworld default userid. In DEV, we are getting the connection id from the transserver.
-
My question is, why isn't formscape working? If we logon as DCLINK (our id defined in JD Edwards), the report prints fine, so it should not be security. If we run the report from a menu, using the same business function that the handhelds would use, it runs fine, and formscape is created.

But, when we use the handhelds, the report is run, but no formscape is created.

Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Laurie

We are running E1, 8.10, AS400 platform for JD Edwards. We are using a SQL Server transserver to connect the DC Link handhelds to the AS400.

How is the report's Default Printer configured in P98616 Laurie?
Can you reply showing the record? It may be configured per one user (instead of all); or it may specify only the DEV enterprise server (is it different?).
I'm a bit confused by: "connection id we get in DEV is different from what we get in PROD".
What connection ID do you ... GET? Are you talking about the logon profile in E1?
PS We use FormScape here, too.

I am attaching a screen print of the f986167. It is defined as *ALL for the environment for production.
-
When we look at the job in the queue when run by the handhelds, it has a generic userid. In DEV, it had the connnection id associated with it.

Thanks for your help and suggestions!
Laurie

Attachments

• 131595-F986167.doc
    68.5 KB · Views: 121
Laurie,

I assume you have two dcLink "core" installations, one for Dev and one for Prod. Also, I am assuming that you are running dcLink Transerver software. If so, log into the Configuration Utility for your Prod environment and verify that the "Enterprise One Function Caller" and "Enterprise One XML Function Caller" properties tab show that the user logging into the E1 is in fact "DCLINK", and that the password is the same as the E1 password that you used in Dev core for your successful print in E1. My saying this is also an assumption that you are calling a UBE via a BSFN call in a dcLink script. If the user in Config Utility is different, but has the correct E1 password to log on, you may very well be able to run the BSFN in E1, but may not have a default printer assigned in E1. If DCLINK is in fact the user, but the password is wrong, the BSFN(and any other BSFN in dcLink scripts) won't be executed because it can't log on correctly to E1.

Hope this helps.

Vernon

Thank you for the information. The configuration you describe is correct. We are also using a BSFN to call a UBE from the handhelds.

We tried changing the password as you described, and it did not help. Userid was correct.

Reports print correctly from DEV. We tried printing the DEV Transserver to prod, and still it did not print for formscape. The UBE runs fine, but formscape does not appear to be invoked at all.

Thanks for your suggestions! All help is appreciated! We are baffled since it works in dev and not in prod.....
Laurie

These suggestions have made me think, and perhaps you have answers to these questions.

We do have a separate TRANSSERVER for DEV and PROD. Our logon in DEV is DCLINK, and in PROD is XXXDCLINK. This was done to help clarify things between prod and dev. Would that possibly make a difference do you think?

Also, regarding the default printer table. Do you know if this is queried every time the print immediate bsfn is called, or could it possibly be loaded when the machine is reipled? We only recently made some changes, and the machine hasn't rebooted since then.

Thank you for your suggestions, again.
Laurie

[ QUOTE ]
These suggestions have made me think, and perhaps you have answers to these questions.

We do have a separate TRANSSERVER for DEV and PROD. Our logon in DEV is DCLINK, and in PROD is XXXDCLINK. This was done to help clarify things between prod and dev. Would that possibly make a difference do you think?

Also, regarding the default printer table. Do you know if this is queried every time the print immediate bsfn is called, or could it possibly be loaded when the machine is reipled? We only recently made some changes, and the machine hasn't rebooted since then.

Thank you for your suggestions, again.
Laurie

[/ QUOTE ]

Laurie,

To Q1): Yes, it would make a difference if a default printer were not set up for this user...or if you get specific down to the report level, then if a default printer were not set up for this report for this user/report/env or *ALL users/this report/env, etc.
Q2): Since the dcLink BSFN causes an E1 logon upon each execution, then it would query for a default printer each time the BSFN is run, at least that is my understanding.

Vernon

We have the printer table set up with *ALL in the environment, program, user.

Ideas?

[ QUOTE ]
We have the printer table set up with *ALL in the environment, program, user.

Ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok...just going one step at a time here...by the way, I looked at the screenshot you sent, and it lists *ALL in the environment for a couple of entries, but also specific environments for the rest. The specific environment entries would take precedence over *ALL entries in the environment(as long as they're active). The screenshot scrunches the printer device column...so I assume they're all the same printer?

Then the other questions I have for you:

1) Has the formscape kickoff ever worked in Prod prior to moving to Prod(please don't be insulted by that), or did it just stop working one day?

We have almost the same logical setup at our site...dcLink scripts call E1 reports(such as a Pick Slip), which in turn prints and then passes an output file via OSA through to the Formscape runtime server, and Formscape "branch application files" pick it up from there. I am only assuming now for you that the E1 report output is passed on to Formscape for further processing.

So,
1a) How do you trigger Formscape after the processing in E1 is finished?

2) If the answer to 1a) is a file sent to a Formscape directory, then what is your data interface coming from E1 to Formscape, OSA or an imbedded PDF file(i.e., metadata information imbedded in the PDF by having UBEPrintDataItems=1 in [UBE] section of the client jde.ini)?

Either way, you need to check to see that these output files, whether PDF or OSA files, are making it to the Formscape directory that you have designated for input. If they have made it, then you should check all Prod formscape branch file logs for processing errors, such as DB connection errors, etc. If the files aren't making it to formscape at all, then check OSA settings in E1(if you're using OSA) to make sure that's ok. If that's cool..and we're using OSA, then there is an FSOSA.dll file that needs to be present in the E1 bin32 directory(on Windows 2003, not sure where/what it would be on AS400). If that exists, then there is an fsosa.ini file under the Windows directory(for us) that has pertinent settings.

Check all of that out and we'll go from there...

Vernon

Back