Date format on Unix boxes

gerd_renz3

VIP Member
Hi List,

I am changing out an NT app server for a Unix box. So far everything was fine. We are now testing and finding that the UBEs do not understand date-type processing options. Same UBEs run ok on the old NT server or on a Workstation. Our date format is DD/MM/YY.
Question: is there anything I have to set on the Unix box to get the date right?
BTW: the test-data (copy of prod-data) are already in my new oracle instance on the Unix box.

Thanks, Gerd
B733.2, NT and AIX servers, Oracle 8.1.6

--
ISM - Solucoes na Internet

http://www.ismnet.com.br/

Gerd:

Here’s what I did in HP-UX. My guess it that this should also work for AIX since locale is a POSIX element.

Locale is a set of environmental variables related to NLS (Native Language Support). One of it’s components is LC_TIME. If it is not set or contains null its value will display “C”, and the date will be displayed in American (North) format. You can change it to a value which files are available in your system. In mine they are in /usr/lib/nls/. I picked the British one (export LC_TIME=en_GB.iso88591)

With the variable unset the date command returns

Mon Dec 3 16:31:17 MET 2001

With the LC_TIME = en_GB.iso88591 it returns

Mon. 03 Dec, 2001 04:30:31 PM

The output of the UBEs generated on the server now have the “correct” format and the users are happy.

I hope that some of this can be used in AIX.

Regards

Miguel

Miguel
XE SP 16 Update 1 Oracle 8.1.7 HP-UX 11i Win200 Deployment and Terminal Servers. Experience in other realeases and platforms

Back