Customer specific Price Book when Advanced Pricing is ON

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Zoltan_Gyimesi

Legendary Poster
Hi JDEList,

I really hope, somebody of you will be able to guide me to the right direction.

My issue is briefly to produce a Price Book for Items, but for a specific Customer and while Advanced Pricing is ON.

My scenario in a bit detailed form is the following:

- we had a multi-company OW XE installation
- one of the company is a vendor company, while the others are manufacturers
- the manufacturer companies purchase most of the accessories from the vendor company
- Advanced Pricing is ON

Now, I have to default/show the purchase Unit Price of an item, if the company purchase it from the vendor company (but NOT on a Purchase Order, on an other custom application).

OK, it is not a problem, to have all companies an Adress Book entry as Customer/Vendor.

In the first round, we can make restrictions to simplify the task, as:
- quantity is always 1
- Unit of Measurement is the Primary everywhere in this relation
- all company use the same company currency and we would like to retrieve the Unit Cost (based on Advanced Pricing) in this common currency
- at this point we can omit the Effective and Expiration dates

After I examined P4210 Sales Order Detail Revision and the called Master Business Functions, to figure out, how it defaults the Unit Cost - I am at a loss, how to solve this task.

Thanks for yourr attention.

All of your help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Zoltán
P.S.: of course, it is also urgent for me - as everything is urgent for everybody here
blush.gif

I am confused by your question.

Are you saying that you want to know the cost of an item, for a customer, if the customer purchases it from the vendor when Advanced Pricing for Purchasing is turned on?

Or are you saying that you want to know the price of an item if the vendor sells it to the customer, when Advanced Pricing for Sales is turned on?

Have you tried using B4201500/B4202510/B4205120/B4205130 to figure it out?

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt,

First of all, thanks for your answer very much.

[ QUOTE ]
I am confused by your question.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am also confused by my task.

I have already located B4201500 BSFN (via "creative" searching on BSFN names and description).

Unfortunatelly this BSFN hasn't attachment (at least here, on this XE installation). Checking the parameter list of this BSFN, I supposed, not this will be my real solution (very long parameter list without attachment
frown.gif

The remaining 3 BSFN unfortunatelly does not exist on this XE installation
frown.gif

I am really not familiar in Advanced Pricing
blush.gif

I try to describe, what I would like:

I would like to know the UNIT PRICE of an item, if the vendor sells it to the customer, when Advanced Pricing for Sales is turned on.

This is required in a "quote planning" modul, where there isn't real Sales/Customer order at the point, where I need this data. This Unit Price required for "planning calculations".

Let say, there is X and Y company in the SAME OW XE system.
- X is a vendor company, selling articles to many customers - including Y company
- Y is a manufacturer company, which purchases MOST of the required articles (built into Y's finished products) from X company - and X company calculates better price for Y company, as for its "best" customer.

Y company create a "quote plan" for a project, where Y would like to calculate with the best cost on its finished products - in my case, Y would like to know the Unit Cost of a built in article, if it would be purchased from X company.

Is it too confused? I am afraid of, it is
blush.gif

Please, let me know, if you or other require further clearification about my issue.

Currently I am on to figure out, how can I use F4211 Master BSFNs to accomplish this tasks.

All further comment, help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Zoltán
P.S.: tomorrow, maybe I won't be able to answer in time, because I will work on an other site on an other project - but I will do as soon as possible.

Hi Matt,

I really appreciate your help.

After your reply I noticed - I checked everything - except JDEList
blush.gif

(it's not too nice from an "old" lister)

The link and the attachment in the thread, seems to me a "light", hoping to solve my issue successfully.

Currently I am off line of any OW System, but I will check it and make experiments as soon as I can.
Thanks again a lot.

I will let you know my progress - and maybe, I will have additional question(s) - if it will not be a problem.

Thanks again a lot,

Best regards,

Zoltán
P.S.: JDEList is Great!

Hi Matt,

I checked the attachment in your link - unfortunatelly I still hadn't time enough to make experiments - further the system I am working on still isn't set up for Advanced Pricing (and for more), so I working on the shipped sample data base
frown.gif

Please, let me some question - maybe some of them will be a bit dumb.

Q1.) The Company is the "vendor" company, am I right?
Q2.) What is the role of Business Unit in szBranchPlantDtl parameter? Can it be blank?
Q3.) In which currency will I give back the Unit Price(e.g. CompanyCurrency, szBaseCurrencyCode, szCustomerCurrencyCode?
Q4.) What is the special reason to pass 10 instead of 1 to mnQtyShipped and to mnQtyOrdered parameters?
Q5.) What is the influence of the ""<Zero>" -> mnDiscountTrade" parameter?

Thanks for your further help in advance.

Regards,

Zoltán

Q1.) The Company is the "vendor" company, am I right?
This should be the customer's company (Sold to/Ship to address company).

Q2.) What is the role of Business Unit in szBranchPlantDtl parameter? Can it be blank?
If you do not have Branch/Plant specific pricing this could be blank (but I am not sure unless I try one out)

Q3.) In which currency will I give back the Unit Price(e.g. CompanyCurrency, szBaseCurrencyCode, szCustomerCurrencyCode?
Depends on how your advanced pricing is setup.Normally records in F4072 have a currency code. If it is setup in USD then it will give the price in USD.

Q4.) What is the special reason to pass 10 instead of 1 to mnQtyShipped and to mnQtyOrdered parameters?
No reason for 10 instead of 1. You can use 1 if you do not have quantity breaks. Sometimes there are quantity breaks and in that case the qty ordered parameter is important. For eg if you buy 10 you get a price but if you buy 25 you get a cheaper price.

Q5.) What is the influence of the ""<Zero>" -> mnDiscountTrade" parameter?
This parameter is not really used in Advanced Pricing but if you are using base pricing the trade discount is the first discount that the system looks at for pricing.

Basically I tried to use B4201500 the same way that it is used in R38450. I think that you really should have someone setup Advanced Pricing in your system before you can test your program.

A pricing guru like Andy Klee might be able to help you better with pricing questions.

Thanks,
Matt

Back