Customer Certificates

ssolberg

VIP Member
Our A/R group wants to be able to track what they call a "State Tax Exempt Certificate and Expiration Date" on their customers. Although I do find a "Certificate" field (in F0101) that we can use on the Address Book, I'm not finding any date associated with it. In digging around in the F0301, I found a date called 'License Expiration Date" (LEDJ) but I don't find anyplace that this field is accessed or used in the system. The Glossary behind it is empty and says it comes from System Code 40.

What they want to be able to do with the info is mainly be able to tell their customers that their Certificate is about to expire at points during the year. Has anyone run into this type of request before and how did you go about it? Any ideas on that LEDJ field? We would have to customize the Customer Master screen to bring it up for them (and can) but as always, trying to avoid customizing things. I've also suggested the CIF Supplemental Data stuff for it but nobody was too thrilled because it seemed to be "too cumbersome"...

Ignore my original post. After more discussions with them, it was clear to them that they DO need to use the CIF Supplemental Data for what they are trying to do for lots of reasons. And we are glad for that so we don't have to customize anything for them!

Back