Custom DD Error Messages/Foreign Languages

dmbujak

Well Known Member
Implementing Italian as a second language for XE update 7, DB2, SP23_I1. Vanilla error messages automatically translate for additional languages. How or what are the different ways to add additional languages for error messages in the data dictionary?

Hi,

Go to DD menu, then "Error messages" (P92002|ZJDE0001).
In QBE search the alias of the message you want to translate, and in row exit select "Translate".
In the displayed form, in "langage" field, type the language code you want to use. Translate the description and then in form exit bar, click on Glossary to type the error detail in the appropriate language. Validate with OK button twice.
If you search for your alias again (with '*' in language field) you should see all translation for this error message.

But be carefull :
We use french and english language, but we noticed that when we create custom error message, if we create both english and french, the french is not displayed for french users. It's always the english that is displayed. I don't know why.
If someone knows, i'd be interested, because due to that, we created french error message with 'E' language, but typing description in french. Not really satisfied of this.
I don't know if some other things needs to be done so it works.

Does this help you ?

Back