• Welcome to the upgraded JDELIST forum and thank you for your patience.
    Please restrict discussions and issues regarding the new forum software to the Off Topic forum. We will be monitoring that forum for issues.
    If you have trouble logging in, please reset your password using the forgotten password form: https://www.jdelist.com/community/index.php?lost-password/
    If you are unable to successfully reset your password, please contact us: Click here!
    We hope that you enjoy the upgraded forum.
  • Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Crystal Reports 2013/16 crashes trying to use XI R2 reports w/ JDE connection

ChrisInNH

Is anyone out there using SAP's Crystal Reports 2013/2016 with included JD Edwards connection type reporting? We have XI R2 reports that work with the (then) Business Objects connection type and necessary E1 .jar files. However 2013/16 crashes when trying to open these reports. Also, I can create a NEW report in 2013/16 with the JD Edwards connection, however once Crystal Reports is closed and re-opened, Crystal will crash trying to load those same reports...that worked only minutes before.

I cannot find good info on Oracle's site or SAP's...looking to this community for any possible help.

We are on E1 8.12, tools 8.98.
iSeries / Websphere.

Regards,

Chris

Larry_Jones

Sorry Chris,

while we use Crystal extensively against our JDE database with BO Edge 4.1 we avoided the JD Edwards Connections like the plague.
I very much doubt that you'll find anyone supporting those today with updates. It became dead as soon as SAP bought Business Objects.

Suggest you begin a migration process to point your reports directly at the database ...