E9.2 CRON schedules are firing twice

JohnDanter2

JohnDanter2

VIP Member
HI folks

I have a weird issue in that a scheduled ORCH using a CRON string is firing twice per day.
It is meant to fire at 1PM CEST ( it does so ) but our server times are actually setup to follow a US time zone and the time then is actually 6AM
The issue is it fires twice. Once at 1PM CEST and again at 6AM my time

Here is the CRON string
0 0 6 ? * MON,TUE,WED,THU,FRI *
1714722739016.png

But the ORCH studio shows thi. Note the times listed 5AM and 11AM

1714722819408.png

So this is firing at 1PM CEST which is 6AM in the US time zone but it is then also firing AGAIN at 6AM my time

What could I have done wrong?
CNC assure me all the servers are correct and setup to the US timezone, but why is ths happening

Thanks

John

I am confused, so does it run twice at 6 AM your time? Because you say it is firing at 1PMCEST=6AM your time AND at 6AM your time.

What's the output of /jderest/v2/scheduler/list for that job?

My first question is how many times is the job turned on? If it is firing multiple times, I'm guessing that the job is turned on under more than one user. I'm also wondering if the user's universal timezone is factoring into this.

I am confused, so does it run twice at 6 AM your time? Because you say it is firing at 1PMCEST=6AM your time AND at 6AM your time.

What's the output of /jderest/v2/scheduler/list for that job?

you're confused? How do you think I feel :)

No no, you've read it correctly. Ues it fires at 6AM my time and then again at 1PM CEST. The issue is 1PM CEST on the server is 6AM US time.

My first question is how many times is the job turned on? If it is firing multiple times, I'm guessing that the job is turned on under more than one user. I'm also wondering if the user's universal timezone is factoring into this.

Hi Kevin. I thought that too but I can only see one run of it. Unless some security is restricting me? I only see one schedule running under ALL Users.

Hi Kevin. I thought that too but I can only see one run of it. Unless some security is restricting me? I only see one schedule running under ALL Users.
@JohnDanter2 , a couple of other things to check. 1) did they both run on the same AIS server? 2) Has there been any changes to the schedule attached to the orchestration and was scheduled job turned off and back on after the schedule change?

@JohnDanter2 , a couple of other things to check. 1) did they both run on the same AIS server? 2) Has there been any changes to the schedule attached to the orchestration and was scheduled job turned off and back on after the schedule change?

Yes
Initially it was 0,6 now just 6

So that could be it but its been cleared and restarted apparently.

I'll check the 2 servers

Yes
Initially it was 0,6 now just 6

So that could be it but its been cleared and restarted apparently.

I'll check the 2 servers

0,6 would mean that the job would run twice. 0 means midnight (US time) and 6 means 6am (US time) which would line up with what you were getting. In my experience restarting the AIS server would not be a reliable way to apply the change. I have seen where the job needs to be turned off and back on for the quartz scheduler to recognize the change.

Back
Top Bottom