Credit Card Processing

ijc

Well Known Member
List,

We intend to implement a credit card authorisation system from within One World. This gives me 2 problems which I outline below.

1. We have another system that already calls a DLL which connects to a another system (long storey) that allows for credit card validation. This is implemented using COM. My question is could I (a) put this DLL on an enterprise server (b) modify/copy B0000192 (call Vendor Specific Function) to call the DLL and (c ) map this new function to the server (d) call it from say Order Entry (P4210). Will this work in One World without the need to use COM.

2. The credit card numbers would have to be encrypted on our system. My proposal for this would be to (a) create a new table to store the credit card numbers by customer (we will need to retrieve them later) (b) this new table would have a database trigger which would fire before the insert & would call an Oracle procedure to encrypt the cards (c ) to retrieve the cards One World would issue a "dummy" update to a table which would call an "INSTEAD OF" trigger which would be used to decrypt the card to another temporary table which would be read & then deleted. Again do you see any problems with One World doing this

Cheers,

Ian

Back