Creating new Subsystem UBE

cdawes

VIP Member
Hi List,

I've created a new subsystem UBE R5542565 thats a copy of R42565. I've
created a version and enabled subsystem processing on the version. I start
the subsystem which goes fine but when I submit jobs to the subsystem I get
the error on the client 'UBE0000050 - Subsystem Record could not be
submitted on ENTSRV'. Does anyone know why this error is occurring?

Thanks

Colin

Working on Xe SP19.1 SQL 2000/Win2K

Colin Dawes, Sr. Technical Consultant
Syntax.net
B733.1 to ERP 8.0
Oracle 8i/9i/SQL Server 2K, DB2

I have the same problem. Have you managed to solve this problem?

Regards

Helena Andersson

Yeah,

in the enterprise server jde.ini check the Default Environment = ' ' It's
likely PRD - the version must exist in this environment as the subsystem
checks for the version's existence in the default environment.

Colin

Colin Dawes, Sr. Technical Consultant
Syntax.net
B733.1 to ERP 8.0
Oracle 8i/9i/SQL Server 2K, DB2

If you are trying to use the JDE subsystem setup, JDE won't recognise your custom report. On the JDE Knowlegde Garden, Document ODS-00-0135, will tell what to do. In your case JDE uses BSFN B4200760 where hard coded the subsystem report name R42565 is written to the F986113. You can see this file with command WSJ / Row Exit Subsystem Jobs. You need to get an entry for your custom report, R5542565. Look in the document for details,

Good Luck,

Roland Blaak

Hello Colin,

Subsystem must be switched on within the template level, generate .h file (ie. r5542565.h) should be done in RDA on the template. Create version (automatically inherits subsystem mode) and deploy both to server. (Note; you can later switch off subsystem mode on template and then override at version level to subsystem)

Question is how are you submitting jobs to the subsystem? Normally you create a BSFN which includes the report interconnect DSTR (eg r5542565.h) and then map from the passed elements from D5542565 to r5542565.h. After your key elments have been mapped call the standard API 'JdeAddSubsystemRecord'. The BSFN can then be called from anywhere to trigger your custom prints. Usually the D5542565 contains the same aliases as the report DSTR plus the PID and VERS which will be the passed program and version of your print job.

Once you have created one it gets easier and the benefits are well worth it.

Good Luck!

OneWorld XE, SP 18.1, AS400 V5R1,+ Citrix

If the datastructure for the new report is not in the default pathcode that the jdeknet process run under, you will get this error. you can turn on server logging (ugh) and look at the message in the subsystem kernel's log. The ss kernel only looks in the default pathcode (say, prod) even if you only have created the ss in your dev environment.

I've been bitten by this several times, and finally got this explanation in response to a call with jde.

Hi Collin,

Good info by the way.

What would happen if the report structure was generated at the version level only (which is what i did), not in the RDA?

Would the custom Bus. Function still be able to create the subsystem record in F986113?

Moyen

Back