• Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Create!Form V2.8 Issue

We are using Create!form version 2.8 for the iSeries (Systemi, AS/400). One of our JDE users in Singapore recently received the following error when their AS400 spool file was directed to a Create!form output queue.

ERROR: invalidaccess
OFFENDING COMMAND: setsystemparams [73657473797374656D706172616D73]

The physical printer attached to that output queue had been an HPLJ 4250N but has been replaced with an HPLJ CM6040MFP.

I recall that Bottomline had mentioned to me that any printer for Create!form versions 2.7 & 2.8 had to be Postscript level 3 capable.

Appreciate any and all assistance to resolve this issue.

Thanks and regards,
John Curry

KSwaeby

Reputable Poster
I'm not sure why BT support would say the printer must be "PostScript Level 3". I don't think that is the problem, the printer is recognizing the PS job stream that is getting sent to it (thus the PS error page you are getting).

Can you print a different spool file/FormType to the printer? Maybe there is something in the configuration of that job that is trying to get resources from the printer (tray selection or memory/HD resources)?

When you swapped the printer did you end the AS/400 writer and restart to cause Cform software on the AS/400 to go through it's normal start-up routine?

Karen.