Cost Estimating

kpapenfuss

Hello:

My company manufactures stainless steel and aluminum products for the commercial food service industry and for OEM applications in various industries. Cost estimating is a key function performed by our Engineering staff, especially for our OEM business. Although this can be accomplished in OneWorld, it is quite cumbersome, i.e., many forms and UBEs. Is anyone using a 3rd party cost estimating software that dynamically recosts items (and of course interfaces with OneWorld PDM tables)?

No, I created new cost methods for unit costs / work center rates. I also created a custom UBE that enginnering can run against this cost method and it will automatically Simulate the cost and provide them with a pricing sheet.

You won't find it in the manual, but I have had success with clients using the JDE configurator and sales quote functionality to assist engineering in developing system integrated cost estimates. If there is a need for any custom development (ie Cfg doesn't address all of your req'ts), the custom code can be called from the configurator, to extend further it's already robust functionality.

I'd be happy to reference specific client situations if you're interested in pursuing an investigation of the configurator's functionality.

Back