Complex SQL Statements in "C" Business Functions ???

SMMM

Complex SQL Statements in \"C\" Business Functions ???

Hi,

Is it possible to code complex SQL statements like INNER JOIN , OUTER JOIN, GROUP BY, WHERE IN, COUNT(*) etc. in C Business functions ' ?

Normal JDB APIs allows only simple operations like Table open, close, select, fetch, insert, delete and update.

Please let me know if there is any documentation or existing JD Edwards C business functions on this topic.

Thanks,

Re: Complex SQL Statements in \"C\" Business Functions ???

Hi Surendra,
It may be possible but I wouldn't advise it. If you try to use a C business function I guess you try to process data in the OneWorld way, e.g. using Math Numeric, JDEDATE and such data types, communicating with OW objects through data structures using the same data types. If you use OneWorld database with normal SQL (for example by connecting the database through ODBC) you get the normal SQL data types and you need a lot of transformation work to retrive these as OneWorld types.
However most complex operations can be programmed using the simple operations so you can literally solve anything using the JDE API.
Regards:
Gergely Pongrácz
e-Best, Hungary

I believe you can create "business views" using the JDE tools containing joins and such, and then use the view with the selct / insert and so on and it will build the complex statement - JDE certainly does this with the business views they ship for financials reporting...

Surendra,

There is a poster on the List that has done something like this. His handle is Oneworld Whipping Boy. He has a web site that explains how to create and execute native SQL statements within OW. If you can find one of his posts, I believe his website is in his signature...sorry, I dont know it off hand. Maybe some other listers know it. Good luck.

Back