Commitment and back orders (Xe)

Adewale

Hi

We are seing a number of perculiar anomalies on JDE Xe such as:

Items are over-allocating which then shows a Negative Qty Available in the Backorder Release and Summary Availability.
Backorder qty's are showing as "Available". ie could be 0 on hand, yet 4 available to allocate.
With some items the BO is counted as a soft commit qty (which I believe is correct), yet on others it isn't, which results in incorrect available and allocation qty's.

I have tried running the R42995 repost for the item, and nothing appears to change on commitments or Availablility, but if I run it by order, I l;ose my commitments, and my availability goes of the scale.

Can anyone tell me why this happens? Also, is it perhaps the function that writes the commitments (don't know the name) to the F41021 is currupt?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Hi.

You should check your item availability setup in P41001

and you must setup your sales order processing options accordingly. Also if you use sales quotes, check the related P4210 version to commit to other quantity 1 or 2

We had setup to withdraw soft and hard commitments and held quantities

hope this helps

Hi

Thanks for your comments. My concern is that even though the B/P contants are set up correctly, there is still a change in the way two similar items behave in their commitments.

Back