coexistence

Michael L.

Well Known Member
we are thinking of upgrading our World software from A7.2 cumm 11 to A7.3 cum 13 as well as Update 3 to OneWorld "xe" and the "best" service pack for this coexistence environment.

Could you please tell me should I apply SP 16.1 or 17.1 and is cum 13 for World the best cum available?

Thank-You.

Read the OneWorld Minimum Technical Requirements page.

I would go to the most recent Service Pack available. JDE puts so many of them out. However, do not order any service pack with a .0 suffix, for instance, 16.0, 17.0, 18.0. You may need to choose a level based on your operating system version or which Update you choose. Also, they put 3 Update's out a year. Since they are cumulative in nature, I would also go with Update 4 vs. 3, but again you need to look at which Service Pack you will load. JDE likes you to stay current on Updates and for us, moving to a new update requires a whole new set of integration testing, so we pick the newest so we can stay on one Update per year. We're loading Service Pack 17.1_E2 this weekend. We've been testing a month and already there is a Service Pack 18.1 out. Next week we're loading Update 4 into DEV/CRP and will go live with it in April. An Update level is like going to a whole new version of World. A Service Pack upgrade is more like just the System, Foundation and Programmer systems in World.

Jean Driscoll
AS/400 Co-existent Xe SP15+17.1, Update 1/A73Cum12

If you are already live with co-existence and want to upgrade both the World and the One World side:

a) If there are database changes, which of the upgrades does the database changes?

b) Does it matter which side you upgrade first, or can you do them simultaneously?

Haven't done this yet, but it seems like a very interesting project.

I did some knowledge garden searches but couldn't find any references to upgrading a coexistence environment. Know of any?

I don't know of any reference documents. I upgraded the World side first, because you have to apply a Coexistence cum after the World cum. Make sure you follow all of the post install instructions. Then I performed the OneWorld upgrade.

Jean Driscoll
AS/400 Co-existent Xe SP15+17.1, Update 1/A73Cum12

Back
Top Bottom