Citrix

hulkster

JDEmaniacs,
Has anybody experienced any problems with users not able to double click on menus/applications? Right hand side window affected. If you use the left hand side Tree can open menus/applications with no problem and Only Citrix users are affected, log off and then back on clears the fault.

Thanks in advance

OneWorld XE update 4 service pack 18.1
Citrix Metaframe 1.8 Feature release 1 Service Pack 3 Win 2k Advanced server service pack 3
SQL 2000 service pack 2

CHO,
We're using OW Explorer menus
Thanks
Hulkster
Citrix Metaframe 1.8 Feature release 1 Service Pack 3 Win 2k Advanced server service pack 3
SQL 2000 service pack 2

I have seen the described problem at our current service pack level (see below) for menus only.

Hulkster:
I have had this kind of behavior. I was related to Slow performance of the network. It went away alone.
Check your network.

Larry,
Do you use Citrix?
Thanks
Hulkster
SQL 2000 service pack 2

What was the speed of your network?
Thanks

SQL 2000 service pack 2

I had an instance of that here just the other day. User got disconnected, then once they reconnected they weren't able to access anything. They got an error saying they couldn't load security profile. I reset them on the server, and when they reconnected all was well. Just one instance so far, and hopefully no more.

have seen that before.

Could very well be that the user wanted to start a UBE but somewhere between data selection and the final screen to submit it the main menu was selected.

you won't See that ube screen anywhere but it is still there and blocking the right side of the menus.

Try minimizing the screens one by one and you'll probably get to see that printerselection screen. Press okay or cancel and you've got control of the menu again.

Hope that helps.

Rich,
Interesting... Have you been able to recreate the problem, if yes what steps did you take?
Thanks
Hulkster

We had this issue and found it had to do with the display resolution on the PC vs. the display resolution on the citrix machine. They need to match up. Users who's display resolution was set higher (say 1024x768) than the citrix resolution (800x600) had this issue. The refresh rate also had to be set within 10hertz of each other. Weird, but once we synced all this up, this issue went away.

Hulkster,

very simple,

select an ube, press submit, if prompted for a data selection edit that or just press okay. Than you should get the printer selection screen.
Now instead of pressing OK click of the other tasks that are open or just the main OW screen and try selection something on the right side.
You'll probably will see that that doesn't work and you won't see a task open for that ube.
Minimizing each open screen one by one will show that printer selection screen at one point.

Not a real big issue but not handy either. Doesn't happen too often so we've not taken any steps for it other than advicing they should minimize the screens one by one.

Does this help you?

We have several types, going from LAN to 64 Kbps.
The problem have shown only on the slowest ones.

Back