CIS Tax Deduction

SDToone

I am using World A73, Cume 10.

I have raised a SAR on the below issue but I wondered how anyone else in the UK had handled the issue in World.

The issue is that I need to be able to record on JD Edwards a flag to record any Sub-Contractors (Vendors) who require Construction Industry Scheme Tax Deduction - In line with our laws - It is a taxation of certain supplies, mainly labour. There are three possible categories - 4, 5 and 6 - categorized by the Inland Revenue, and when a Purchase Order is raised or a supplier payment made it should be clear on the screen which category they are in to signify whether or not tax deduction should take place, or ideally there should be a facility in JDE to do it. We also need to be able to record when the certificate of tax deduction date expires.
issue.

I assume it must be a common request for a lot of UK JDE Customers.

In terms of recording on JDE at the moment, the best way we have found is to modify the Alpha Name of the Vendor on JDE to include text relating to the date of CIS expiry and changing a Category Code in the Address Book to show the CIS Code in here, however this is far from satisfactory as it requires a user to press a function key (F11) when making payment, so there is possibility of deductions being missed.

Best Regards

Stewart Toone

Stewart,

We have developed a solution using the Supplemental Database, Address Book
credit message and WorldWriter as a means of
capturing data to produce payment and certificate expiry reports. It
wouldn't win any beauty contests but it does the job. If you
would like any more info please contact me offline,

Regards,

Rob Page.

Please note our new head office address below.

Visit TDG at www.tdg.eu.com for more information.

This electronic message is intended only for use by the addressee.
It may contain confidential or privileged information.
If you receive this message in error, please advise the sender
immediately. Please note that we cannot guarantee that this message
or any attachment is virus free or has not been intercepted and amended.

TDG Plc
Registered Office: 25 Victoria Street, London, SW1H 0EX
Registered in England : 469605

9/5/2003

Hi Stewart

We are in the process of implementing and have raised SARs 6632181 (correct calculation - delivered) and 6569687 (new forms - outstanding) to get the software updated for the current tax requirements.

Would be very pleased to share experiences, especially to apply pressure to JDE to continue maintenance of this localisation. Please e-mail direct to make contact.

Regards
Nanda

Hi Stewart,
I used to work for a UK BP who actually wrote the world version of this change - OW was done by another BP.

I know the OW version has been made part of standard, I dont know what happened to our part.
I will try and dig up some information for you on how we addressed this issue and post it.

Best regards

Peter

Hello Nanda,

Thanks for the reply.
I have also raised a SAR, 6657302 and they have advised they will e-mail me
with developments.
It is encouraging that someone else has raised the issue.
How are you intending to handle the issue till the SAR's are developed?

Regards Stewart

SDToone,The closest you can come to solving your issue in AP is to add the tax to the supplier master. Then during AP Voucher entry, you would need to split the lines and change the tax information for the correct information. If you use Inventory and Purchasing, you can set up an item and attach the tax code to the item. Then as the item is used, the system will calculate the tax.

SDToone <[email protected]> wrote:I am using World A73, Cume 10.I have raised a SAR on the below issue but I wondered how anyone else in the UK had handled the issue in World.The issue is that I need to be able to record on JD Edwards a flag to record any Sub-Contractors (Vendors) who require Construction Industry Scheme Tax Deduction - In line with our laws - It is a taxation of certain supplies, mainly labour. There are three possible categories - 4, 5 and 6 - categorized by the Inland Revenue, and when a Purchase Order is raised or a supplier payment made it should be clear on the screen which category they are in to signify whether or not tax deduction should take place, or ideally there should be a facility in JDE to do it. We also need to be able to record when the certificate of tax deduction date expires.issue.I assume it must be a common request for a lot of UK JDE Customers. In terms of recording on JDE at the moment, the best way we have found is to modify the Al!
pha Name of the Vendor on!
JDE to include text relating to the date of CIS expiry and changing a Category Code in the Address Book to show the CIS Code in here, however this is far from satisfactory as it requires a user to press a function key (F11) when making payment, so there is possibility of deductions being missed.Best RegardsStewart Toone
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=W&Number=54599
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
This is the JDEList World™ mailing list/forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

World, OW B733X and Xe

Hello,

We are on A7.3 Cum 7 and I raised the issue of CIS Tax Deduction with JDEdwards a few years ago when it first came in with little success.

We input tax details into the additional information screen from address book.

Taxc
Y = CIS Certificate Holder
E = CIS Certificate Holder exempt from reporting to IR

Tax
CIS4,CIS5,CIS6 etc

TX2
Expiry Month and Year

TXCT
Certificate Number

We didn't use the above fields for anything else so they were available.

We then run a RPG program with date selections to output cheque numbers, dates, amounts and current certificate number to the CIF index relating to the supplier.

Various world writers are then run to provide the information the Inland Revenue requires. I believe they accept some reports but other information needs to be transposed onto official forms.

Our A/P department also report on the suppliers who have expiry dates within a certain period.

As far as I know our accounts payable department find this simple to administer.

World A7.3Cum 7

Paul Thompson
IT Business Analyst
Daniel Thwaites PLC

E-Mail: [email protected]

Hi All,

Many years ago we in Australia (not Austria - that country in Europe) had a
similar situation with a tax directed at sub contractors (especially in the
building industry). It was called PPS.

The then Australian "business partner" wrote a specific set of mods to deal
with it at A5.2. It was later replaced with another set of mods at A7.3
built around using JDE withholding tax functionality. I can't really
comment much about the UK requirement, but the Australian A7.3 "upgrade
mods" were a little fragile .

Suggest you chase JDE and especially JDE Australia. This concept really is
not all that new.

. . . . .Colin Hugill

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 8:10 PM
Subject: Re: CIS Tax Deduction

JDEdwards a few years ago when it first came in with little success.
book.

dates, amounts and current certificate number to the CIF index relating to
the supplier.
Revenue requires. I believe they accept some reports but other information
needs to be transposed onto official forms.
within a certain period.

Colin Hugill
Consultant
(World A7.3 cum12)

Back