database vendors, including IBM and Microsoft, to provide the support
you need. In addition, we intend to continue to support the JD Edwards
EnterpriseOne and JD Edwards World products running on the IBM iSeries
hardware platform.

Attachments

• 84746-cust_commitment.pdf
    129.9 KB · Views: 263
Re: Check out Oracle\'s Statement - Attached PDF

Just an observation, but I'm surprised that this document made it to any customers. Someone at Oracle needs to make better use of spellcheck. The heading before the last paragraph states that "Oracle will provide ngoing resources for customer implementations."

I realize I'm being a little picky, but not even proof-reading a customer-facing document doesn't speak well of their attention to detail.

- Scott

I'm surprised and pleased at the Xe support extension. We have an upgrade project starting this week that I'm now going to delay.

All,

Everything I have read states that Oracle will release EnterpriseOne 8.12 in 2006, is there any word of a next version, or is this the end of the road???

Thanks,

in the call 8.12 was mentioned specifically as the last release.

Re: "Increases to the sales and professional services organizations will add PeopleSoft ’s client relationships and industry expertise to the combined companies."....

Was this a slip of the pen? Are they really expanding the Sales Dept for a Product they are trying to kill? I assume this is a mistake. Everything I have heard suggests they are NOT selling anymore EnterpriseOne product to any new Customers... But what happens if the Customers keep wanting to buy it? Is this a repeat of the PeopleSoft and WorldSoftware experience? (They realised that it was a good product in its own niche and started to invest in it.)

Mark,

In yesterday's web-conference Ellison specifically stated that "Oracle's" Salesforce would only be selling E-Business Suite, not Enterprise or EnterpriseOne or World. However Licensed Resellers would be free to sell any of these products - "Oracle won't turn down money".

Actual specifics of someone wanting to buy E1 directly from Oracle rather than a reseller were not addressed.

It was clear that Oracle wants to keep the Peoplesoft customer base and their maintenance revenue stream for as long as possible - but even clearer was the statement that these products have no future beyond work-in-progress releases - i.e. Enterprise 9 and E1 8.12. (I wouldn't want to be an ex-peoplesoft developer after these projects have been completed.)

I'm glad someone spoke up on this. The main reason I created this post was to get a feel of what the rest of you were thinking.

We are anxious to know what Oracle is going to offer customers who have committed to PeopleSoft's supplemental support program. Now that the deadline has been moved, the pressure to upgrade is off. It appears they are giving customers some breathing room to migrate to Oracle if they want.

But we have already committed to 12 months of supplemental support, as well as the PGS assessment services and training which were a required part of the package. We seem to be getting mixed signals from the two companies. :confused:

Joy,

I'll see your confusion and raise ya! We are on XE. Jde/PeopleSoft/Oracle told us that they were not going to support XE beyond Feb 1 unless we committed to do an upgrade. Our upper management did not like having a "gun held to our heads" and told JDE/PeopleSoft/Oracle that exact quote. We signed up with TomorrowNow for support. Now I read that SAP purchased TomorrowNow. So that makes me a Jde/PeopleSoft/Oracle/SAP system admin? What's next, Microsoft?

Gregg Larkin
System Admin of ERP package owned by "Who's Next?" :cool:

I think that those developers will figure that out pretty quickly and adopt a
motto I heard from several people that are in construction unions "Don't kill
the job". Those releases might be a little late and might have some
significant quality issues that will require an additional year or two of rework to
clean up after the initial release.

Patrick Conlon
Allegheny County, Pennsylvania
XE U4 SP22, AS/400, Citrix, JAS, FAT

My thoughts....

Since:
* The final release of E1 will be 8.12
* The 8.12 release is coming in '06
* XE and ERP 8.0 will be supported till 2/07
* Customers who "want" to implement Fusion must be at 8.12
* Customers who "want" to keep E1 as long as possible must be at 8.12

Therefore:
There is very little incentive for most customers to upgrade from Xe or ERP 8.0 to anything other than 8.12.

RE: Check out Oracle\'s Statement - Attached PDF

Jeremy:

Can you please clarify for me where or how you came to the thoughts

* Customers who "want" to implement Fusion must be at 8.12
* Customers who "want" to keep E1 as long as possible must be at 8.12

Jermery:

Would you please clarify what or where made you come to this statement? "*Customers who "want" to implement Fusion must be at 8.12, * Customers who "want" to keep E1 as long as possible must be at 8.12,Therefore:There is very little incentive for most customers to upgrade from Xe or ERP 8.0 to anything other than 8.12.."

Just trying to get it all straight in my head...... :confused:

:confused:

In the conference call, Oracle made it clear that the upgrade path to Fusion would be from 8.12. They also made it clear that 8.12 would be supported until 2/2013, I assume this to be longer than the support for 8.9, 8.10 and 8.11.

With this in mind, I believe most customers will want to reach the 8.12 release. If so, I question why any customer running Xe or ERP 8.0 would want to take an interim step to 8.10 or 8.11 before taking 8.12.

Jeremy,

I also viewed the conference call, and the only statement regarding an upgrade path was "Make upgrades seamless from existing Oracle, Peoplesoft, and JD Edwards applications". This was such an obvious impossibility that it cannot be taken seriously. I did not see or hear any statements preferring 8.12 from a support standpoint over 8.11, 8.10, ... other than XE's desupport as of Feb 2007.

Back to Project Fusion. Don't get too concerned about preparing an upgrade path. Think of Project Fusion as a completely different and new product offered by a different company than JDE/Peoplesoft which you will hopefully have the option to migrate some of your data to.
When architectures are so different there is no upgrade path.
The only thing Oracle has to offer us regarding the project fusion vs. another company's product is the free license "like to like".

So, unless you are already committed to the existing JDE Web technology - why go thru the effort and expense and pain to upgrade to 8.12 which will be Dead On Arrival vs. stabilizing at your current release level?

Actually, Microsoft *is* trying to win some Peoplesoft/JDE small-to-medium range customers with their acquired "business solution," Axapta. ;) Anyone looking into that product?

It was apparent in the call that to get to Fusion you will have to be on release 8.12. Upgrading from an existing release of OneWorld to the Fusion product would be next to impossible. That's the purpose of the 8.12 release. Oracle wants to keep you as a customer, and has to find a way to migrate you to Fusion. The timelines also support this supposition, 8.12 is released in 2006, at least a few months before the extended retirement date for Xe/ERP8.
I don't see any time, money, or effort from Oracle being put into 8.9, 8.10, or 8.11. Why invest in developing for these releases, which by the way account for around 10% of the OneWorld customer base, when the release date for 8.12 is looming?
8.12 is the seemingly obvious choice for an upgrade path. It also gives companies ample time to let the dust settle and evaluate their own positions as well as how Oracle is fulfilling their stated vision.

Do you have any hard facts or documents to suport that position?

Back