Chart of Accounts Import?

jnmac

I am new to JDE and am unable to locate a means of importing our Chart of Accounts instead of manually entering each account. Does anyone know of any systemic way to accomplish this task? Thanks....

Hi jnmac. I think the best way is to enter the chart of account manually for the first time. Because you have to define the level of details & posting edit for each account you entered. I recommended you create a model chart of account firstly. For example business unit = MD ~ MD.100 is fixed assets, level of details = 3 (non posting). The following MD.101 is Building, LOD = 5 (posting).
Then, copy MD chart of accounts to actual business unit by using the program G09411, P0006.

If you already have a chart of account setup on a spreadsheet then do the following:
1) create first a model Business unit and add the first account using Accounts by Business Unit
2) You must have the minimum of obj, sub, desc, LD, PE on your spreadsheet
3) Rearrange your columns in the Account by Business Unit to match that of your spreadsheet
4)Now you can import from your spreadsheet.

Just to add a note. First you select the "Accounts by BU" menu to add your first record and exit. Then you select the record you just created and use the "Accounts by BU" row exit. This will open up a grid you can import into.

Have fun.

Back