chart of accounts change

ysiva

Hi List
Please help. we have our chart of account as business unit.Object.Sub.(00000.11000.12000) the management wants to change this as BU.Obj (0000.1100) like this can I do this. We are using JDE for 5 years is it possible to do this, also is this change is custormizing JDE.

B733 sp 11.1 windows NT SQL

Yes I beleive you can and it's not custom.

Open the bu.obj Post Edit code so it can be posted to. Change the bu.obj.sub to none posting. Make a JE to move the balance from the bu.obj.sub to the bu.obj.

Unfortunely I think you'll have to keep those bu.obj.sub accts around till you purge the records post to them.

I think this will work, it's been a while since I have worked with maintaining a chart of accounts.

Bill

Bill,

I think that you probably meant to write:

Open the bu.obj Post Edit code so it can be posted to.
Make a JE to move the balance from the bu.obj.sub to the bu.obj.
Change the bu.obj.sub to non- posting.

Otherwise, the JE will not post !

In fact, I would suggest instead making the "old" bu.obj.sub Inactive, as this will allow transactions inquiry from applications such as P09214; setting the pec to Non-posting prevents this type of drill-down.

BTW, don't forget to amend any AAIs affected by these changes.

HTH

There is a much better way to chn=ange the COA:
1) Simply create a new Business Unit and run P09812 on menu G09316. This removes the old and creates the new.
2) Go to Account by Business Unit for the new BU and Find
3) Change each and every account by typing over the old account.
Example:
00000.11000.12000 can be change to 0000.11001
JDE uses the GMAID (Account ID) to link the account number to history. You can use T/B Ledger Comparison on the new account and still see the history without converting the original account number because JDE links this history using GMAID.
JDE also provides conversion programs should you want to change the old account to the new account in the F0902 and F0911: menu G09316:
Update BU.Obj.Sub to Acct Bal (F0902)
Update BU.Obj.Sub to Jrnl Ent (F0911)
Be sure to manually change AAI. If you have POs you will need to write a custom program to convert these.

Make sure you test, test, and test again.

Back