Change system user password (JDE)

Tom_Davidson

Tom_Davidson

VIP Member
I am preparing to change my JDE password, which is also my system user password for my E1 8.12, tools 8.98.

Does anyone have a 'white paper' on the process? I must be a terrible searcher, because I have checked on the Oracle support site and JDE list and not found much. (I'm sure it's on here somewhere)

This is currently what I plan on doing:

Change password using P980001/W980001 (W/W system users)
Down all services
Change JDE password in Windows
Change JDE password on iSeries (IBM i)
Change password in JDE.INI for 3 ES's (IBM i)
Change password via Server Manager for OAS servers
Start services (ES)
Start services (OAS)
Test

One thing I am unsure of is if I change the system user password for JDE do I also have to change the JDE password via P98owsec?

Thanks.

Tom
E8.12, Tools 8.98.1.2.1, AS/400, OAS

I forget which version this happened on (8.11 or 8.12), but they abstracted the system user into it's own table. You no longer have to change the system user's password on each individual user. Just change it in one place.

From the Security Maintenance menu (GH9052), run User Security (P98OWSEC), go to the Form Exit, and click on "Add System User." Click Find to bring up your system user, highlight the row, and hit Select. The next form allows you to change the system user's password.

This <font color="red">IS</font> distinct from the JDE user profile's password.

See attached.

Also have for all other databases & platforms but there are all pretty much the same.

Attachments

• 152503-JDEdwards EnterpriseOne Password Change Procedure (AS400).pdf
    60.8 KB · Views: 731
Thanks Ken,

We do have the separate system user at 8.12. The app P9800001 is the W/W system users.

Thanks for the info for the normal JDE user being a different entry.

Tom

Hello,

I have a Question is JDE uid & system Uid both are same or different?

In our system we have system user as JDEUSOW & in ini’s I see user as JDE & its password
How this works & how this are linked? Does JDE Uid has dome special rights ?

I was asked nicely to post an Intel one.

It's exactly the same as the AS400 one except that it has 'SQL Server' instead of 'AS400'.

The assumption is that the reader knows how to change the JDE password in SQL Server.

BTW - I actually never use 'JDE' as a proxy account. I pick something cryptic that no one would know the userid for like "39sj193". Otherwise type the password wrong 3 times and wammo...........system down (if you've got good security).

Tom, to answer your final question. It depends. I say it depends because you listed as one of your steps "Change password in JDE.INI on 3 ES". In the JDE.INI on the ES, there are two places where you may see JDE used. The first is the in the [Security] section. The JDE user id in this section refers to the actual E1 user ID and not the system account. The second section where you may see JDE used is the [DB Settings] section. The user ID specified here is the JDE system account. If you only change the system account then you will only have to update the DB Settings section. However if you also change your JDE E1 account then you will have to update the password in the Security section.

That's my understanding, if someone else has a better understanding please feel free to correct me.

[ QUOTE ]
I am preparing to change my JDE password, which is also my system user password for my E1 8.12, tools 8.98.

Does anyone have a 'white paper' on the process? I must be a terrible searcher, because I have checked on the Oracle support site and JDE list and not found much. (I'm sure it's on here somewhere)

This is currently what I plan on doing:

Change password using P980001/W980001 (W/W system users)
Down all services
Change JDE password in Windows
Change JDE password on iSeries (IBM i)
Change password in JDE.INI for 3 ES's (IBM i)
Change password via Server Manager for OAS servers
Start services (ES)
Start services (OAS)
Test

One thing I am unsure of is if I change the system user password for JDE do I also have to change the JDE password via P98owsec?

Thanks.

Tom
E8.12, Tools 8.98.1.2.1, AS/400, OAS

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi

We have changed the JDE password for 9.0 release with TR 8.98 on windows.
Following are the places where you need to change:

1. P98owsec
2 P980001
3 JDE user in your Database
4 JDE.ini on enterprise server ( there are 3 or 4 places under different sections in JDE.ini where you have to change in 9.0
5 JDBJ.ini file for all web instances.

Its always recommended to have same password for both JDE user (profile user and system user).

just bounce the machines after that.

After changing the JDE password everything is working fine but the issue we faces is when you apply any ESU from Deployment server. it is giving error as your deployment server DB JDE user and your main DB JDE user have different passwords. if you change your Deployment server DB JDE user password to same as MAIN JDE user it will go fine, but in this case it give you error "unable to connect to pkgbuildMSDE" when u build a package on deployment server.

so we are keep changing the passowrds accordingly on Deployment server DB as per requirment. else everything is fine.

Please feel free to add any suggesstions if you have:)

Thanks

Regards
Puru V

xiseesxis,

I was remarkably unclear. Nowhere did I mention that I have 3 Enterprise Servers. That is where the 3 ES came from.

I intended this to be 'high level' so didn't put in details.

Your comments about changing it multiple places within the INI is entirely appropariate.

Thanks.

Tom

xiseesxis,

No I am planning on doing it Thanksgiving weekend (that Sunday morning)

Tom

[ QUOTE ]

After changing the JDE password everything is working fine but the issue we faces is when you apply any ESU from Deployment server. it is giving error as your deployment server DB JDE user and your main DB JDE user have different passwords. if you change your Deployment server DB JDE user password to same as MAIN JDE user it will go fine, but in this case it give you error "unable to connect to pkgbuildMSDE" when u build a package on deployment server.

so we are keep changing the passowrds accordingly on Deployment server DB as per requirment. else everything is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Puru -

This is the same issue we have right now...ESU's won't deploy from the dep server, but I should add FROM Change Assistant 2.5. Just discovered this yesterday. I can install/apply to environments the ESU directly from E1 logged into JDEPLAN as user JDE. Our dep server JDE user password is different than the main E1 JDE user. I believe there is a KG article on this and a supposed fix in 8.98.2.0. I need to read that article closely when I get a chance, but I can still install ESU's. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks -
Vernon

I think I understand this, you log into the Planner Environment go to system users and change the password but each time you add an ESU it tries to use the old password to connect to the new local data source? When the box appears you can just type in the new password user id and it works? Ya that is strange. I know the Planner has OCMs and keeps local system tables. When you update the system password in planner do you go change the MSDE or SEE password as well and then log out and back, and it still connects to the locals using the old?

Back