Change a media object.... huh?

stevie

Probably a really stupid question :) but how do I change a media object linked to a form in Media Objects Setup. The form already has a standard GT media object linked to it but it need to change it to a GT55 object. However when I delete the "Define Row Key" it still holds on to the key fields and the original media object (I can;t even select a different one)??

I just tried what you are doing, deleting it from the
MEDIA OBJECT SETUP, and got the same results.

I poked around to see if there was someplace else, but didn't find anything.

I'd suggest a trudge throught the Knowledge Swamp, if you can find it.....

Regrets

Gene

Hi Stevie,
It may be related to your Update level; I have seen the same type of "frozen_specification" in a UBE version, where the printer got changed in RDA, and the Version specification (you may read it with UTB) showed the text "NONE", even after you manually selected a valid printer, in RDA.
After applying Update3 (or 8.9.3x), this issue disappeared!
Warm regards,

We were planning on installing SP3 this evening. I'll let you know if it helps...

Fingers crossed....
Steve

If figured out how to do this...

1) Go to the form where you need to change the media object
2) Go to Form > Media Objects Setup
3) Change either the Form or Row Level Defaults (depending on which one you want to change) from Edit Mode to Display Mode!!!
4) Click on the trashcan icon
5) You can now select a new Media Object Structuren by clicking on "Define Row (or Form) Key"
6) Change the Level Defaults back to Edit mode

If you don't do step 3 you can click the trashcan all you want but nothing will happen...

Back