Cash Order Processing

mgerritt

Well Known Member
I ran across a JDE white paper explaining how to set up a payment instrument in UDC 00/PY so that orders can be paid for with 'cash'. That is, the order will not be applied against the customers credit limit, nor be posted to open orders. Except when I follow the instructions, it doesn't work. If anyone is using payment instrument setting to support 'cash' orders', could you please share how you set it up.

Marc,

Not sure what the white paper indicates but it sounds like you will need to have a special version of P42800, Sales Posting, that has the option to Bypass Accounts Receivable System set on. Then any posting will use the DMAAI 4245 - Debit When Not Using A/R to drive the accounting to the Cash Account (or account of your chosing). We originally used this for specific Order Types originally (S6 - Cash Sales) but the Payment Instrument could be used as well in the Data Select of the P42800. I would recommend excluding the specific payment instrument from any versions that will use the A/R System so that you won't have items going both ways.

We do exactly what George Smith suggests, except we use the Payment Terms field SDPTC. If it's equal to "COD" the order goes through the cash sales version of P42800.

Jon, George, thanks. Orders go on credit hold, and appear on screen 42050 'Credit Check' before P42800 gets run (we only run sales update at night). So changing Sales Update won't do what JDE claims (but can't remember how) can be done to avoid all credit checking on cash orders.

You're probably aware of this, but just in case, there's a flag on the billing instructions screen called Exempt from Credit Hold which I believe will disable credit checking for the customer. This would work if the customer always pays cash. Another suggestion is to establish an extremely large credit limit for your cash customers. I realize I'm not answering your question - sorry, but I have no experience with payment instruments, and we don't have credit holds turned on in our order entry programs.

Just an FYI to those who helped (and a special thanks as our Accountants could not see how to handle the AAIs), the payment instruments works, if you don't step all over the F4211 as someone did in my test system.

Back