cartonization

Steve Langley

Greetings,

Let me pose a problem to the tech board and see if there is a solution to be had. In advance, all responses are appreciated.

Would like to perform cartonization as part of the warehouse process. We’ll use create trip and task application (R46471) to call the server application (x46450) to perform the cartonization. The obstacle to overcome is the way in which the data is processed. According the Pick, Pack and ship Documentation (ODS-02-0084) the data is processed directly off the sale order by sequential line number. Unfortunately, no warehouse is set up in this manner taking into consideration the variations of all sales orders.

Warehouse has some pretty good movement options built into standard picking, most of which has representation in the critical F4611. Two of these are Picking Zones and location sequence.

Here’s the desire result: Start and Stop cartonization based on zone or cartonize an order based on the picking sequence of the location. Either of these would be a monumental improvement over cartonization by sales order line.

I’ve looked at data selection as an option. It would be possible to process and order at a time, a zone at a time; but we’re expecting 700-1200 orders a day. Thus the end of batch processing.

I’ve looked at data sequencing and “Zone” is a sequencing option. You can not perform a page break on it however; and this leads me to believe there may be “down stream” consequences. It may however turn out to be any easy win.

Sorry you RF’ers of the planet, this is a paper based warehouse.

Again, thanks for your guidance.

Steve

[email protected]

ERP8.0, SP1, IBM, AS400D, B2, Web client

Back