Can't promote project - CNC question

Frosty the Coder

Legendary Poster
Can\'t promote project - CNC question

List,

I'm having trouble promoting projects. When I try to go from 26 to 38 (which are what the act rules are set to do), I get a very vague error, GENERAL ERROR IN METHOD - ADVANCE PROJECT.

Wading through the various, meaningless logs, (jde.log, jdedebug.log, omw logging at the project, omw logging at the object), we (JDE & I) found that UDCs and MENUS seemed to be the objects that wouldn't promote.

Putting these into a separate project, allowed appls & ubes to promote, but the NEW project (udcs and menus) still errors.

Creating a NEW project with a NEW menu gives the same error(s) when trying to promote.

JDE help desk had me do a bit of digging at the various CNC setup stuff, and from what they can tell (from the logs, specifically jde.log) SOMEWHERE it says "Control Tables - PROD" when it should say "Control Tables - Prod".

The client's CNC staff has changed, and our CNC guy is off fighting new fires at new clients.
I'm _not_ versed in CNC at all, so I have to take what everyone says at face value.

DOES IT MAKE SENSE that somewhere w/in CNC, it is case sensitive?

If a _very_good_ JDE person, and another good D&T person have looked at this, and don't see it, where might it be hiding?

TIA

Gene

Re: Can\'t promote project - CNC question

Gene,

I am in no way a CNC type but I would use the Object Configuration Manager (P986110) to look at the System - B7333 data source. Filter on Environment = PD7333, Object Type = TBLE and Object Status = AV. Look at Primary Data Source for table F0004...it should be Control Tables - Prod, as should the remaining UDC tables and the menu tables.

Barry

Re: Can\'t promote project - CNC question

Gene,

While I am not a CNC guy by any means...I did run into issues promoting UDC's and it was because the Object transfer activity rules were not setup correctly. Have you looked there?

They are located under Object Management Configuration on menu gh9011 (not to be confused with OCM). My guess is that the 'To' location has an invalid value. You can type in that field, so if one does not type exactly one of the valid values, you may have troubles. Use the visual assist.

Good luck and let us know what the issue ends up being.

Res: Can\'t promote project - CNC question

WAHOO!

The activity rules ended up being the culprit.

I don't know why, nor do I care why, they hadn't edited
against the visual assist values, but the project has promoted.

Thanks for the help.

Gene

Back