cant move versions out of default project

JMR

VIP Member
Anybody have any idea why we can't move our versions, both batch and interactive, from our default projects to other projects. All other objects seem to move properly, but not versions. Is this a setup issue? It works on my demo.

Check your Transfer Rules in OMW set up - you may have them incorrectly set
for UBE Versions. If you are meaning Application Versions then there are no
Check In / Check Out rules for these - they are live as soon as they are
created.

OW733.3 Xe SP 14.2
Enterprise Server - Intel NT + Oracle 8.0.6
Client - Citrix TSE + 4 NT PC's for development

Re: RE: cant move versions out of default project

I may not have made myself clear on my first post...When I refer to 'moving' versions, I mean moving from one project to another either by drag and drop or using the 'Move Objects' row exit.

What happens is: I can drag the object from one project to another and all appears fine, but if I look at the status the token does not follow the object. Then if I do a 'Find' to refresh, the object is right back where it started. This only appears to happen on both batch and interactive versions.

We have app consultants who have created hundreds of versions that reside in their default projects and we need to get them to a promotable project. The workaround is too time consuming...check them in, release each token, remove each from default project, then add each to new project.

NEED HELP!

I have tried it out on our installation and it works fine.

I repeat check your Object Management Configuration - try looking at Allowed Actions. What is the User Role of the UserID you are using in BOTH Projects? Does the UserId have a Role in the Default Project? Try setting it to 06 (PVC Administrator) in both, this should allow everything. Check the entries in Allowed Actions for 06 - should be only a couple of lines - lots of *ALL entries basically should be set to allow it do everything to every object type in every environment etc.

Thanks for your responses.

Both projects have a roll of PVC Admin. In regards to Allowed Actions, what action is 'Moving' an object between projects? Aren't the Allowed Actions more pertaining to the action buttons on the middle toolbar of OMW? Like I said in my first post, I am also able to do it on my demo jr. There must be some other setup issue...

Thanks again.

Jeremy,

If push comes to shove you could use SQL to alter the Project ID, User, Machine Key and Checkout status in the OMW Project Objects table (F98222).

Barry

OK, we heard back from Edwards...apparently our last SP upgrade (20) broke this functionality. It is a known issue and we downloaded a fix. The CNC guy will install next week. I'll let the List know if it does NOT work.

Thanks for the responses.

Are you on SP 20 one-off? If so, which one are you on? Did you download another one-off?

Thanks.

I'm not a CNC guy, but the guy here tells me it is: F1.

Hope that means something to you. We haven't installed it yet, so don't know if it works.

Okay, I am at SP18.1(I think) but I have the same Issue with Interactive versions. What I do here is that when my new interactive version is in my default project I use the right arrow key to move it to Application server and then once there I use the object librarian and APplication|version name to search it in the right side of the omw. Once easily found , using left arrow key I move it into the project which I initially wanted.

My signature was out of date when I first made this post...we are at SP 20 now and installed one-off F1 and that fixed the problem.

Naveed,
When you click the right arrow, the object (ApplVer in this case):
- is DE_assigned from your Default project, thus
- it frees up its TOKEN, and by the way,
- ... it is NOT ... moved to the APPL Server!
You may as well click the Release Token button, with the SAME effect :)
Warm regards,

Back