Can I move a flat flie from one location to another after the file import ?

TECHNO

Hi,
I want to move a flat file from one location to different location after the table conversion, can anybody give me some light on this. I am using bsfn B4700230 and hard coded the path in source and destination variables but it did not worked.
any help is appriciated.

Thanks,
E812 redstack.

I would try manually copying the file. You might have a permissions issue. If you have verified the source and destination paths then most likely it is a permissions problem.

Depending on what release you are on this function may not even return an error if the copy fails. I have modified the function in the past to return an error code if the copy fails.

Many times you can do the Manual Copy - in a programmatic way... .BAT or CLP or...

Your TC has a firm name and location, when you run it with its defaults. So, there's not much you can do there.

If you create a Batch Command on the Host System, you can pass in the name/location you want it copied too, and have the Host system do that work for you.

Then - you create a 'Wrapper' (a UBE that submits the Table Conversion). As part of the Report Interconnects or Processing Options - you can pass in the From Location/Filename and the To Location/Filename. Your .BAT, CLP or Host command can do the work from there.

Within the "Wrapper" - you call the TC, then do an Execute External Command and call the host's batch process (in Windows, it could be 'nearly' as simple as: Copy c:\e812\printqueue\filename.txt H:\$filename)... Use whichever command processor you are most familiar with (just to make it simple). The JDE Profile, that is running the command, must have authority to the From/To locations and the ability to run the command.

The 'simplified' process.

(db)

Hi,
Thank you for the help. I have made it to work writing a bat script and call the script from the call external business function.

once again thank you.

You can use the BSFN Delete Or Copy Flat FilE. First Use the BSFN to copy and use the same one to delete in the original location. The Option to use for copy is '2' and '1' for delete.This works only if permissions are set to access files.
Delete Or Copy Flat File
CopyFromFilePath -> BF szOriginalFlatFile
CopyToPath -> BF szNewFlatFile
"2" -> BF cActionOnFlatFiles

This has been discussed in many threads before. Do a search on TC and you should get many threads on this.

Chan

SUB,

The issue with that function is limited to the "Developer's" understanding of his Hardware/OS....

Generally, I've come across more 'permission' issues with the function, than I care to retry. Additionally - if the developer does not fully understand the path syntax(s) - then another hades-grenade needs to be tossed at the thing.

This whole process should be easier than JDE/bOrGacle has provided for us (just give us an in and out option for the TC!)

(db)

Back