Can eGenerator HTML be modified/optimized ???

cwip

We are in the process of deploying JDE EnterpriseOne version 8.95 and during load testing noticed that the HTML that is generated is very heavy (some pages are 100K in size). I know that all HTML is created through eGenerator and that you are very limited in modifying it.

Are there any tools/recommendations to optimize the core HTML? I'm looking for things such as Javascript optimization, removing white-lines, etc. Any vendor/app out there that addresses this?

We've already optimized the hardware environment by installing caching servers, etc.

Thanks in advance for the response!

I'm very interested in this argoument, my customer on 8.94/8.95 are experiencing a lot of performance problem on client side(html browser). WebSphere application generates very heavy html page (heavy java script) to send to the client.
Could you send me any advise if you find something?
thanks
Gigi

Hi,

Unfortunately, JDE Web clients are quite voracious beasts!
They "eat" lots of bandwidth and local resources on the
"thin" client (at least 512 Mb RAM and 1.5 Ghz CPU for
a decent performance).
One of my clients installed Citrix and let their users
run JDE Web inside a WTS session (as a published app).
It's transparent for them, but performance on the WAN
is 8x better : Citrix footprint is just 10-20 Kb per
user while JDE Web is >128 Kb!

Regards, Sebastian Sajaroff

Hi,

We use a compression device (BoostEdge) for web client.
It compresses flow going through it, using the capability of browser to decompress it. It really reduces the bandwith used for JDE web servers flow. You can set up what to compress (html, text, pdf, images, ...). It's really eaasy to install, to enable/disable on the fly. If the device crash, it will work as a simple network cable. It's completely transparent for users.
You can handle many web servers, for specifc ports.

We use it since our production go-live (about 2 years) and never had any issue.

Hope this help.

Rgds,

Bonjour Antoine,

We have been using a boostworks appliance for three years now. It's great. Totally transparent to the end-user and a "set and forget" appliance. Just plug your webserver in one end, plug the other end into your network and let it work. Nice solution.

Sebastion mentioned citrix, that is also a good choice. You keep all of the network traffic confined to a lan, and just use the very frugal ICA protocal to communicate out to the users. The other plus there is having tight control on the browser settings. You can make sure that the browser is at the right patch level and is configured properly from a security standpoint. We don't JDE that way, but we do run another very JAVA intensive app from a Citrix farm.

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

Back
Top Bottom