Calling External DLL from JDE?

jdedebug

Hi
When I am calling my external DLL (developed using C - Coding) from JDE using B0000192, getting ERROR "Cannot Opem/initialize DLL".
I have passed the function name and function library (path) to that BSFN while calling.
I have kept my DLL in path - "c:\outbound\SOout.dll"
Is this because JDE cannot able to find that DLL? OR we need place the dll anywhere else?
Anybody had experienced this type of error?

Regards
Bal

hi
I have gone through that site. It is not helping me to solve that ERROR. Even though I have given the search path, it is not finding that DLL.

Please help me in solving this problem...
Regards
Bal

Hi,
Look at the code for B0000192. JDE uses this to call an external function. Hope this helps.
Singh

That 192 function is not detailed enough with its error reporting. You're going to have to debug it and see where it's choking. If it dies at LoadLibrary, then the system isn't finding your dll. If it's dying at GetProcAddress then you've misspelled the 'entry point', or something.

I will guess that your problem is number '1', unless you've added that 'outbound' directory to your system path.

Good Luck!

have you tried to put your dll into the b7\ystem directories ?

As i know, the BF use this path only

Hi
Thank you all for giving valuable suggestions.
Now I got the solution. By placing DLL in SYSTEM32(of Windows)Dirctory and putting function name from DUMPBIN command, it is working.
If any other suggestion, please share..
Regards
Bal

Back