E8.12 How can I call .exe file from JDE and vice versa ?

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
In Tools Release 8.96.40, how can I call .exe file from JDE and consume JDE business function from .exe ( or .NET DLL) ?

To consume a BSFN, the Oracle provided supported ways would be:
1. XML Call Object - sending a JDE proprietary format XML payload via a socket connection to the ES server using Oracle provided XML Call Object libs
2. SOAP Web Service - BSSV wrapped BSFN
3. REST Web Service - Orchestration wrapped BSFN or APPL wrapped BSFN called exposed as a REST service via AIS, although you may not have Orchestrator on that TR and possibly not AIS either.

I would probably go XML Call Object. We have used it extensively since Xe and still use it to this day on TR9x. It doesn't require any additional development like BSSV or any additional servers, etc. like BSSV.

To call an .exe from JDE. Probably several ways. If I was doing it I would probably write a C BSFN that launched the exe process. There may be some shipped pristine BSFNs that can do this already, you may want to wrap the .exe with a BAT or Shell script to make things easier depending on your OS. Having said all that, it really all depends on what you are trying to accomplish and what you have available to you. If the .exe has an API or you are creating the .exe, hence you have access to the code so you could build to a shared lib, a preferred way would be instead of running the .exe as a separate process would be to dynamically load and call the APIs within the JDE call object process.

Back