Business Unit Numbering

KSmithCPA

Reputable Poster
We are in the middle of a migration from a legacy system to OW ERP8 for job cost/financials. The legacy system includes a "-" (dash) symbol in the job number. (Example BU#: 1234-01) Is there any reason why we would not want to bring this dash symbol into the new JDE business units or job numbers?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ken,
Well u can very well use the same old dash differentiating the BU and ur object a/c . In case u decide to use the JD standard naming conventions, then I dont see any problems in pursuing the same.
We r working ERP 8.0 as of now.
Regards,
Mahesh

Hi Ken,

We are on OW XE. We also tried to create business units with a "-" and found that the system does not accept it. I placed a call with JDE to confirm that we can not use it. I'm not sure if it is different in ERP 8.0.

KCL,

That is odd, we currently have a handfull of Business Units set up with dashes in Xe. I wonder if you have the dash "-" set up in your constants as an identifier for the short account number. I guess I was looking for a reason to discourage the use of dashes in the BU numbering. I don't see much value in using dashes, it is just an extra key stroke needed before you can pull up a BU.

Hi Ken,

Sorry. You can add "-" in the bu. What we attempted to use was "_" which JDE said was not acceptable.

Back