BoM & Percent Scrap - Generating list

greenhorn

My company is having problems with updating BoM's and keeping them current without missing any. We only recently started using JDE and do not have anyone truly knowledgeable on staff (we were bought by another company and had to match our system to theirs).

What i need assistance with is finding a way to list (and preferably export to excel) all BoM's in multi-level that will show "Percent Scrap" along with "Quantity" and "Ext Qty".

We have over a 1000 BoM's and none of my co workers know how to reference it easily. They could only show me how to view percent scrap with enter/change work order and how to view BoM's with single/multi level inquiry/reports. All the information is there just....not in a format that allows anyone to check everything efficiently.

Just listing all items with "Percent Scrap" greater than 0 would also be very helpful but i need to check for missing information as well or errors in the BoM quanitities. If it's possible to combine that field with a search based on component text i could atleast check all of one type of material at a time rather than every single BoM.

I realize this may be out of place and is slightly embarrasing to ask, but i cannot locate another free forum that discusses basic operation without being completely over my head. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I use this (may need to add/change some criteria for your situation)

SELECT PRODDTA.F3002.IXKITL, PRODDTA.F4101.IMDSC1, PRODDTA.F4101.IMSTKT, PRODDTA.F3002.IXUOM, PRODDTA.F3002.IXLITM, F4101_1.IMDSC1 AS SubDesc,
PRODDTA.F3002.IXQNTY / 1000000 AS Qty, PRODDTA.F3002.IXUM, PRODDTA.F3002.IXSCRP / 100 AS Scrap, PRODDTA.F3002.IXSTPP / 100 AS OpScrap
FROM PRODDTA.F3002 INNER JOIN
PRODDTA.F4101 ON PRODDTA.F3002.IXKIT = PRODDTA.F4101.IMITM INNER JOIN
PRODDTA.F4101 AS F4101_1 ON PRODDTA.F3002.IXITM = F4101_1.IMITM
WHERE (PRODDTA.F3002.IXEFFF <= 113001) AND (PRODDTA.F3002.IXEFFT >= 113001)
ORDER BY PRODDTA.F3002.IXKITL, PRODDTA.F3002.IXCPNB

Welcome Greenhorn!

Unfortunately ... I don't know of a way to do an across the board inquiry like that in generic JDE. Usually we would use SQL (a IT database query tool) or a third party reportwriter / query tool.

Check with the IT group in your company that supports JDE (if there is one) to see what they have to offer.

Wait ... a thought just occurred to me. Depending on your version of JDE you may already have a built-in query tool - if you have security privileges to it.

From any app click on the Tools Pull-Down Menu and Select Data Browser. Close the first screen that pops up. You now should see a window titled "Query Selector ".
Select "By Table"
Name = F3002
Data Source - accept the default
Press OK

On the Data Browser screen for F3002 find the Percent Scrap Column and put >1 in the QBE cell for that column and press ENTER.

Your filter be applied to a query and all BOM Items with a scrap % will be listed. You can export those results to Excel from that screen.

Now, if you aren't on a fairly current release or IT has restricted you from accessing that functionality ... well ... too bad.

Back