BOM not updating

davidfurey

Hi
When attempting to update a BOM, the system will not accept any changes and gives a "Threaded Business Function" error when I log out of JDE. I've investigated the JDEDEBUG.log, which suggests that the system is attempting to reset the low level codes on all components and their respective children. This is going down to 20 levels at least. The Manufacturing constants have On line validation turned off and the Recursive BOM integrity is clear. I’ve also deployed the lasted ESU which claims to stop updating the LLX but it hasn’t fixed it. The problem appears to be item related as I can add a specific item to one BOM and not to another. Any ideas?

Before you all rush in with the answer, I found the cause. The problem is caused when the following data combination exists on the componernt item Branch Plant record. Commitment processing [CMGL]: = 2 and Lot processing SRCE = 'Blank'
CMGL = 2 means that the item's commitment method is by lowest lot number but the product is not lotted. Logically a combination that should not be required

Back
Top Bottom