Attempting to reinstall PS1 8.9 deployment server

sschofield

We are attempting to reinstall 8.9 onto an existing server. When trying to reconnect to the JDEPLAN environment, the system is attempting to locate the user id UID='SA'. Of course this only exists in the SQL database, not the MSDE database. I found a couple of references in the Peoplesoft solutions to the problem we see, but the solutions have not worked.

When we try to start 8.9 to connect to the JDEPLAN envrionment, the system is unable to see the MSDE database. The solutions that make reference to this problem suggest unintalling and reinstalling the MSDE to correct the problem. We have tried, but no effect.

Has anyone a suggest on how to proceed?

Thanks,

Stephen

Env: PS1 8.9 SP2_F1, W2K, MSSQL

Stephen

There are scripts in the e810\planner\data folder to attach the databases. I'm remember a special instruction that needed to be run that probably attaches all the .mdf to the database. Just a thought. I'm going to do the same thing soon. I ordered the re-mastered E810 without the baseline ESU. Let me know how you make out.

Patty

Are you live on 8.9? If so why are you reinstalling it?

Are you changing out the server (upgrading the machine)?

Please note that there are only 2 ways to upgrade an 8.9/8.10 Deployment Server.

1. Do a Full SQL Upgrade - export logins, import logins, attach all databases.

2. Do a Server Copy - Create new machine with same SID for Win2K and SQL Server using snap shot tools.

Please clearify what you're trying to do.

Colin.

P.S. Do you still have the "old" deployment server?

Back