AS400 file record format name change

culater

culater

Upgrading from OW XE on the AS400 to OW 8.10. The production box is on V5R2 and will be upgraded to V5R3 this weekend. The test box is currently on V5R3 (don't know if this makes a difference). After the files are converted, some files have the record format name changed. For example, in XE file F0101 has record format F0101. In 8.10 the record format name is F010100001. This has happened to 416 files. Has anyone seen this?

We moved from Xe to 810 in June of last year. This (file format change) is a normal by-product of the move (I can't recall if this is a function of crossing the "unicode divide", but it is normal). Those more technically inclined than I can give you the full explanation...

And BTW...we are still on V5R2...V5R3 has no impact on the file member name changes...

Thanks for the quick reply. I contacted Oracle and was told by the person handling the case that she hadn't heard about this issue. I don't think she has an AS400 background as she asked what command I used to get this information. She did say she would run it by the AS400 group.

Yes........happens everywhere.

Copy the files from one datasource to another using the R98403 and they will go back to normal.

Back