AS400 Failing to Connect to SQL Server DB Foreign Table

dmbujak

Well Known Member
We are bolting on a third party product where a table conversion needs to run on the AS400 enterprise server. The TC needs to connect to a SQL Server database. The connection is failing prompting the following questions:

1.) Does the SQL Server require an ODBC connection defined for the new datasource we created in EnterpriseOne?

2.) Do we need to check the JDBNET box on the newly created datasource?

3.) Do we need to create a new proxy id in the P98OWSEC application for the newly created datasource?

I have pulled a couple of white papers from Oracle support but I am looking for some confirmation. Most of the information from the white papers points to setting the JDBNET flag. We tried this and it still is not working. I am attaching a log file from one of the runs. We did add a local host entry for the SQL Server on the AS400. At this point we are just trying to get the TC to run from a fat client.

8.12/8.98.0.5, AS400 V5r4m5, OS400/DB2

Attachments

• 151854-R574101_UTCP0001_32714 PDF.zip
    67.8 KB · Views: 96
The AS/400 cannot connect to a SQL Server without setting up a JDBNET server or using some other third party. There are plenty of documents in Metalink on how to setup a JDBENT server.

JDBNET is a dog though, I would recomend using a third party product to do the data transfer between the two systems first and then run the table conversion.

Thanks, you validated by suspicions. The right way to do this is installing business services.

Did you get this to work, I'm trying to do the exact same thing...AS400 TC to SQL Server

Back